Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Introduction

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 skipwood

skipwood

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I am a retired Naval Aviator and airline pilot and still fly with glass cockpits several times/month. I love motorcycling, boating, and family. Florida is my base of operations and continually am looking for new challenges. I am a hospice volunteer and feel blessed that I have lived this long with my pushing the envelope interests. I have joined this Bleeping Computer Group to share solutions to PC problems. Thank you, Skip.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Winterland

Winterland

• Members
  • 996 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

Hey there Skip. Sounds like you've got a lot going on at any given time and it all sounds like fun.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer :welcome: we're glad you're here.

Winterland

Photobucket removed my cool flag - idiots!

Every calculation based on experience elsewhere fails in New Mexico.

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hello and welcome! I am trying to get into flying myself. I would love to own a carbon cub for STOL from my property.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#4 skipwood

skipwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Zingo156, that Carbon Cub would be a blast to fly within its limitations. It would take you back to the old "Stick and Rudder" days when you flew the aircraft unlike now with the hi tech equipment in most new a/c. I fly a Flight Design CTSW a lot and as an old navy pilot I love to fly slow. Flying that aircraft at 42-44 knots is so much fun. It flies well, but is limited to 26 kts of wind and 16 kts of crosswind. It is so light at 1200-1300 lbs that a breath of air pushes it around. I love it. Coming from the 747 it was an easy transition. Go for the cub and have a ball.                             

#5 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

I agree, the new tech is great but I would enjoy "flying by the seat of my pants". Low and slow is the most fun. I have seen some amazing landings with Cubs on youtube.

Here are 2 of my favorite wind langinds and take offs:

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users