Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't load Drudge Report page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony2929

Anthony2929

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

When I try to go to the Drudge Report, I get "this page can't be displayed". Other web pages load ok except I have found one more that I can not load-Texana Center. I went to "Is it down right now" site which says drudge is up and running. I have tried full refresh and also cleared temporary cache. I tried in internet explorer, fire fox, and chrome but all the same. I use google search but have tried other search engines. I have looked carefully at the address to sure it is correct-it is. I have run malwarebytes but  nothing changed. I have looked thru any new programs in the control panel that I have just installed and deleted. This problems has been going on a couple of days. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first post to this forum.

Anthony2929

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,087 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

It could possibly be a problem at your ISP's end.  Try changing the DNS server to OpenDNS.  These are instructions on how to do it in Windows 7 - http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/how-to/setup-opendns-in-windows-7.html

EDIT to flush the DNS cache as mentioned in that article, open up an elevated command prompt (type cmd.exe and enter into the search box, then right click the result and choose "Run As Administrator") and type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"

Edited by jonuk76, 11 July 2014 - 06:52 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#3 Anthony2929

Anthony2929
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Thanks!

Worked great-great suggestion.

Anthony2929

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,087 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

No problem :)  Sometimes ISP's DNS servers (the servers which convert 'friendly names' into IP addresses) can be unreliable and Open DNS is a good alternative.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users