Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

On my Ipad 4 I got a notice to update the OS to 10.7 (I think it was that) so I went ahead. It downloaded okay then began the install that is rebooted and the screen showed the usual Apple Logo on the black screen and the white line beside that indicating the instalation progress. Well it only went a very small way and stopped sat there for hours with nothing at all happening. I can't turn Ipad off or get it to do anything else I am stuck with the black screen and the white Apple logo. Any ideas thanks as I am at my whits end?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:19 AM

Okay problem has been sorted why I have no idea? Sat there pressing the on/off switch for about 30 seconds and bingo it rebooted and finished the installation in no time flat...amazing. Apple is a bit beyond me at times after many years with MS. And now my OS is 7.1.2.

#3 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Okay problem has been sorted why I have no idea? Sat there pressing the on/off switch for about 30 seconds and bingo it rebooted and finished the installation in no time flat...amazing. Apple is a bit beyond me at times after many years with MS. And now my OS is 7.1.2.

It looks like many other people are having that issue with upgrading to 7.1.2 - both iPads and iPhones. Fortunately, you did what other people have done (restarted it and then the installation continued). I'm not sure what the issue is, but it's so prevalent that people have written articles about how to perform a hard restart when your iOS 7.1.2 update freezes!

#4 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

Thanks for that Quevvy it was to learn that the problem wasn't caused by me as they normally are?

#5 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for that Quevvy it was to learn that the problem wasn't caused by me as they normally are?

Yeah, I also wanted to post that just in case anyone else has the same problem as you did.

#6 Tinamarieburge

Tinamarieburge

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:02 PM

Can I run scan from this page?

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:31 AM

Hello Tinamarieburge,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question which has appeared out of the blue in a topic that was last posted to 4 months ago. Can you please further explain your question and provide a context?

~ OB :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users