Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changed ip address, can not access the router setup anymore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 python72

python72

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

I want to use Belkin Connect N150 router as access point. So I logged into the setup at regular ip 192.168.2.1 and changed it to 192.168.2.2

Everything went through ok and I did renew the ip on my computer, did ipconfig and everything shows as it should (getway ip 192.168.2.2) but now when I type the new address into the browser the router setup does not show up anymore, it says the browser can not connect to it.

Why is this the case if the ipconfig clearly shows the new address as gateway and my wireless adapter shows "connected" to network?

What am I doing wrong? I want to log back in and disable dhcp on it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 uByte

uByte

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

Open a command prompt:

Start Run or windows key+R

cmd

enter

Type in "ipconfig /all" (no quotes) and post the findings here. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users