Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The charger to my Toshiba laptop is damaged.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Broski899

Broski899

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:28 PM

Hi, I'm new to this website and I'm also not very familiar with computers at all. Well, this isn't really a technical problem but my laptop's charger was chewed on by my pet. And now it doesn't work. Either way, I plan on getting a new one because I've read that continuing to use a damaged charger can cause further damage to the motherboard. So the question is, where do I get the EXACT same charger for this laptop? Or where can I get a charger that'll replace this one anyway? I have a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5921 not sure if that helps. Again, I have no experience with computers so replacing an AC adapter to me is confusing enough. Please help me in any way you can, thank you. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 419 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-L305-s5921-Replacement-Includes/dp/B007NCYXD8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1405040907&sr=8-8&keywords=Toshiba+Satellite+L305-S5921+power+supply

and

http://www.toshiba.com/us/accessory-finder?stt1=Laptop%20PCs&stt2=Satellite&sttSeries=L305&stt3=L305-S5921

PS: Buy a good chew toy for your pet!

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

Thanks so much! I'll definitely be looking into these. Another question, are these completely safe to use? Is there any chance of it damaging my laptop?

#4 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:03 AM

The second option is directly from Toshiba. So I assume it's not aftermarket.

#5 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

The second option is directly from Toshiba. So I assume it's not aftermarket.

So the first one would possibly damage it? That's a bummer. Cause the one from the actual Toshiba website is so expensive and it seems like the AC adapters from that site have low ratings!

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:06 AM

I went on Ebay posted the number off my Toshiba charger, the exact model popped up from a dealer with a 100% rating.  All said and done working perfectly for a tad over $14.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#7 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

I went on Ebay posted the number off my Toshiba charger, the exact model popped up from a dealer with a 100% rating.  All said and done working perfectly for a tad over $14.

Thanks, I'll go check Ebay out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users