Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with headphones (Jack problems?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lukaqt

Lukaqt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:59 PM

In the past few months I've been having some problems with my audio. I've had a few different headphones over the years and never really had any problems. What I've been experiencing the past months has been my audio device randomly changing as if i'm plugging them in and out. 
My headset has a mic and obviously two cables that go in 2 separate jacks. My mic would randomly just act as if it is not plugged and in and that would happen with my headphones (rarely), if i would waddle my cables around that would have an effect, but it would still keep changing audio devices randomly based on cable movement. It's not insanely sensitive, it sort of happens randomly if i move the cables around and stuff. I was able to deal with that just until now, everything was working normally about 2 hours ago, I came back home now and the sound in my headphones just sound really far away. If i play a song or a video it sounds off, some sounds are louder as some are really low. As if i'm under water or something. Can anybody explain what might be causing this?

Edited by Lukaqt, 10 July 2014 - 04:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

:welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Community Lukaqt :)

Can you confirm if the problem with regard to the randomly changing refers to low/high volume and or distorted sounds? Most likely a loose solder on audio jack or the chipset itself is the problem. If it requires to test further, do you see the problem on a different audio headset and reinstalling the driver or upgrading to the latest driver if available? Another option would be, looking forward, is replacing it with a sound card (if audio is onboard) that is assuming all of the above has already been tried or exhausted.

Edited by jhayz, 10 July 2014 - 08:18 PM.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users