Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple DLLHOST.EXE processes/Zero Access?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#16 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

Please update MBAM and run a threat scan and post the log in your next reply.

Also before I let you free I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan to be completely sure your pc is malware free.

• Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
    ESET OnlineScan
  • Click the Run ESET Online Scanner button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on esetSmartInstall.png to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the esetSmartInstallDesktopIcon.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check esetAcceptTerms.png
  • Click the esetStart.png button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked, and the option Scan archives is  checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:

• Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push esetListThreats.png
  • Push esetExport.png, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the esetBack.png button.
  • Push esetFinish.png

Also let's check for outdated and vulnerable software on your pc:

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe to run it.
  • A notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

And finally please run Rkill for me to check the integrity of your system files and Windiws services:

• Please download RKill by Grinler from the link below and save it to your desktop.

Rkill
  • Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.
  • A log pops up at the end of the run. This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
  • Please post the log in your next reply.

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

Hi,

Are you still around?

cXfZ4wS.png

#18 KydaSteve

KydaSteve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:22 AM

Hello,

I am still here unfortunately I have had very limited access to the PC the last few days to due to work. I will continue to have limited access to it because of work as well.

Thanks for all of your help so far!

#19 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hi,

Any progress with the logs? :)

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#20 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users