Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blinking Start Button

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 katiemay1143

katiemay1143

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

So I contracted a virus earlier via RegCleanPro/Sys Tweak something-or-other. I think I managed to purge it all, but something remains. The start button that was down at the bottom left of my screen is now at the top left, and it blinks. When I try to click on it, either left or right, it goes away so I can't do much with it. I can't even drag it down to where it once was. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:08 PM

Try running System Restore to a date prior to the occurence of the problem.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 katiemay1143

katiemay1143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

I already tried that.

#4 katiemay1143

katiemay1143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Nevermind. I rebooted and it's back to normal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users