Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New PC solely for Sony Vegas

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hasani007

hasani007

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Looking to buy a new PC that will be used to edit videos. My budget is £500. 

What do you think of the these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sphere-PC-Intel-Haswell-Quad-Core-i7-4770k-3-5GHz-8GB-RAM-500GB-USB3-0-Computer-/321157198242?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item4ac675f1a2

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200935736403&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:GB:1123

Is the following very important when purchasing a new i7 4770k powered PC?

Case, Power Supply, Motherboard, Cooling?

Thanks everyone. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hasani007

hasani007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

bump

#3 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

On a budget of 500 you're highly unlikely to find anything too powerful.

Neither of those options look too promising, neither comes with an operating system (that adds something like 60 to the prices listed)

The second one comes without a hard drive (theres another 30-40)

Lastly neither comes with a decent graphics card.

They are decent enough bases for later expansion but you're going to have to sink another 100-400 into them before you see any sort of decent performance.

To answer your question:

Case: mostly an aesthetic thing, as long as it fits your components you dont have to worry too much about it, though airflow (read: number of fans) should be considered

Power Supply: You want an adequate one for everything that you will have in there, I tend to get larger than needed (30-50% safety factor for what I am putting in at the time)

Motherboard: VERY important, you could have the best processor in the world that fits into your motherboard but still not be able to run solitaire due to limitations... alright maybe that's a little exagerrated but motherboard selection is very important, you need to find one with all the matching specs to your other hardware.

Cooling: your computer runs better when cool, so the better the cooling the better your computer will run, maybe it wont be a noticeable difference but there will be a difference, definitely something spending a little extra on wont hurt.

#4 hasani007

hasani007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for the reply Green Giant. I have a spare hard drive ready to go in and OS is not a issue. 

I got this reply from the seller of the second link: The PC will come with the motherbaord H81 (MAX 16GB): GA-H81M-H. The PSU is a 500W OEM PSU that comes with matted office case.

#5 hasani007

hasani007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Any input for the above

#6 hasani007

hasani007
  • Topic Starter