Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7, Slow, Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic_c.LPW detected by AVG 2014

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Exasp2003

Exasp2003

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

My friend's computer became very slow a couple of weeks ago.

After looking at it for a few days and installing and unistalling software and/or programs, her workmate told  that her computer had been infected with a virus and that he had cleaned it, but since it was still slow, he would need to reformat the C: drive. She dropped off the laptop with me for help.

The OS is Windows 7 Starter, Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack1)

There were some missing drivers, which I installed from the official Toshiba site.  I updated Windows, but it is still slow. It takes ages to start or shut down any program.

I then installed free AVG 2014 and scanned it. The virus vault lists the following:

faXcooL.exe

3 Trojan horses BackDoor.Generic_c.LPW, a corrupted executable file. Should I delete these from the vault?

MBAM picks up nothing.

Please help.

Edited by hamluis, 09 July 2014 - 04:38 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Since you found this for some time after it had been on the computer, then it is advisable to do a clean reinstall of

Windows OS. That's what any expert in malware would tell you. Backdoors do a lot of damage and there is no guarantee to find

and fix the damage that allows remote access to computer.

You should let the owner know that all personal info on that computer has been compromised including financial passwords

etc. If the owner does banking on that computer the owner should notify the owner's bank.

It is possible to backup/ save documents, pictures, etc. before doing the clean reinstall.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users