Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ramsey76

ramsey76

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:38 AM

I justy purchased a pair of cheap speakers for the kid's computer. The speakersare powered.

The problem is everything sound like it in an echo chamber.

When you hit a space key a noise comes out of the spreaker

I set the control panel to desktop speakers.

I would appreciate any help

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:44 PM

Are your speakers plugged into the right output?
If they are,

Look on your taskbar and see if there is an icon for a "Sound Effect" or something similar. See what adjustments are available there (if any)

If not, go to the control panel and click on "System", then click the "Hardware" tab and then click on "Device Manager"

Open the tree for Sound, Video and Game controllers.
Do you see anything that has a yellow or red icon?

If so, delete it and reboot allowing Windows to find new hardware and reinstall it.

If nothing has a warning icon open your audio device - something like possibly Realtec 97 audio (a popular one) and update the driver.

#3 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:30 AM

If u have a hollow sound, i believe its the port rather than the software adjustments....try to replug it and check that its pulg in properly.
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users