Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Both headphone jacks broken at the same time for the same reason

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Embarker

Embarker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:46 AM

I need help. Lemme explain...

This problem is for both of my headset jacks, one in the front of my box and one in the jack.

As of a week or two ago out of the blue my headphone quality got distorted and sounds either very low or like im listening to aliens communicate.

I've tried multiple different headsets and headphones and they are not the problem (Kinda).

If I pull my headset out slightly then the audio is normal yet my very expensive headset, you cant pull it out enough to where the speakers wont play so only one headset works and it doesn't have a microphone attached to it.

The headset that works seems a lot tighter in the jack and has three curves on the adapter instead of my expensive headphones 2.

Now im wondering

1. Why do my headphones not work unless they are slightly pulled out (Which is really anoyying and i want to find a solution)

2. Does the black curves in the adapter have anything to do with this?

And

3.  Is this an internal problem with my computer (Seems like it since both of the jacks have the exact same problem all of the sudden, And no i didn't change any settings)

Help would be very much appreciated, Thank you :)

Edited by hamluis, 09 July 2014 - 09:27 AM.
Moved from Vista to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

The headphones are stereophonic, and the black space is what separates the left channel from the right channel.

Please post the make and model of this computer and the to sets of headphones.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Embarker

Embarker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

The headphones are stereophonic, and the black space is what separates the left channel from the right channel.

Please post the make and model of this computer and the to sets of headphones.

Im not sure what my headphone models are but my computer is an a6827c, Old I know, but still in good shape.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Without know the make and model of the headphones I can't help any further.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,924 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

Those board edge mounted headphone jacks are very prone to jamming and yanking (accidental) that seperates the jack from the board, creating poor connections to the board.  Serious failures can lift traces from the board egde and make repair tedious.  Headphones with microphones included have three seperate circuits and can interfere with proper operation in a stereo jack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users