Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Amazon home page, banner at top asking if I'm in China

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 court8989

court8989

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:16 AM

I should start off asking if anyone else is getting a banner on the Amazon home screen with a Chinese flag asking "shopping from China, visit here"? I've had this banner for the last week on all my devices. If I turn off wifi on my iPhone and reboot it and go back to the amazon home page it does not appear. This doesn't seem right, almost as if something has been hijacked by someone in China.  

I'm weary of this because I've had a few problems with my network. A couple of weeks back my router would only work through wifi. All of the ethernet connected computers were not getting the internet. Finally I was able to pinpoint it to my WHS 2011 server. Anytime I would connect it, the ethernet would go down again. I would have to disconnect it, reboot the router and everything would be fine again. I'm assuming it could have been something to do with dhcp. I was initially using the app "Fing' on my phone trying to diagnose it while the ethernet was down. It wouldn't see any of the Ethernet devices except on occasion the WHS would pop up and show as being on the network. I installed a new router, same thing. 

So I've kept my WHS disconnected and the ethernet works but I still have this China banner from Amazon. I ran multiple anti-virus and nothings been found.

Also, I use the password manager, Lastpass, and while setting it up on my new computer this week it kept telling me I was typing in the master password wrong. I could have sworn I was typing it in right, I could be wrong but I eventually just reset it. 

Is there anything I should be concerned about? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Also, just to note. My WHS is probably my least secure device. No anti-virus ect. I used to have the remote feature turned on, where you could access it and your other computers when you're outside of your network but I learned better and turned it off, including the Upnp on my router. What's interesting is I turned on my UPNP for a brief moment a few days prior to the ethernet fiasco I had. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users