Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC BSODing at random times

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dubstep Oracle

Dubstep Oracle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

Hello...

I am experiencing some issues with my PC, and it randomly Blue Screens... Here is a photo of my PC Specs. and BlueScreenViewer info. Please help ASAP...

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ikarus34

Ikarus34

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:38 PM

Was this after a Windows update?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,830 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 Dubstep Oracle

Dubstep Oracle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Was this after a Windows update?

No, I have never updated my laptop in the 3 years of owning it...

Edited by Dubstep Oracle, 09 July 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

There are people out there that have nothing better to do but come up with ways to exploit security measures in a Windows operating system.  For this reason it is important to get the needed updates.  We all know that Windows isn't perfect, they have made mistakes in the past which have broken programs and features as well as introduces bugs to the system.  But the bottom line is you need these updates, otherwise you will have wide open security holes.

If you are diligent about keeping current with updates you can set them to allow you to make the decision as to whether they get installed now or later.  If you set it this way you can wait to see if there are any bugs in the important updates and then install them if there are no issues.  But this will require keeping track of the updates and not forgetting to install them after it has been determined that there are no bugs in the update suggested as being important.

I would suggest allowing the update, I would also suggest that you download SP1.  The lack of updates could well be part of your of or contributing to your current problems.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users