Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VLC Webcam issue/problem?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bbuser

bbuser

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a question about a webcam I converted for use underwater.

I have an HP C615 I created an underwater housing for using a pelican case. I record my kids swimming to look at their technique. I use VLC to capture with it at 16:9 and 30.00fps as the settings. For awhile it worked really neat. Lately though it lags something fierce with a swimmer in frame. Oddly if I have it out of the water and have my kids run around in front of the camera, as long as it's set to 30.00fps it's totally fine. But as soon as I put it in the pool and they get swimming, it freezes every couple seconds (while still recording) before coming back to life and repeating the vicious cycle. Any ideas why?

I have tried using Windows Movie Maker and, while it works, the quality is just yucky. VLC can give me great quality... when it works. But I seem to have broken something.

Any help would be great! They have a training session tomorrow morning I would love to use this at (or try something new at) if anyone has a suggestion.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

Hi,

What else are you doing with the computer? Does it connect to the Internet? What security program is installed and is it current?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 bbuser

bbuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Pretty much all I use it for is this. It can connect to the internet, sure. And I do have AVG updated and current on it. 

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

Hi,

You might go through and flush all of your caches and temp file folders. After that I'm not sure.

A full scan with AVG and maybe another free scanner, like Malware bytes Antimalware might help

Keep us posted

Dick E

#5 bbuser

bbuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

Yeah the virus stuff and defrag and clearing everything was my first attempt at a fix. No dice :(

#6 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

Hi,

Then I'd have to look at possible RAM problems or HDD errors.

Have you tried a control panel uninstall, reboot and reinstall of VLC? [WAG]

Keep us posted

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users