Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a program that will automatically download updates

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 uByte

uByte

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

I am a computer tech. I use a lot of the programs that are available on this website. I am looking for a program that will go out and download a copy of the latest versions of said programs and copy them to my flash drive. For instance I use adwcleaner and I have to go out and download the program about everytime I need to use it because the version I have is out of date. So if I had a program that would automatically download adw without me having to visit bleeping computer and download it that would be great. I can click on a button that basically updates all of my tools that I use. 

uByte

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mainer21

mainer21

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Ketarin - Keep your USB application installers updated easily by Britec

Ketarin is a small application which automatically updates setup packages. As opposed to other tools, Ketarin is not meant to keep your system up-to-date, but rather to maintain a compilation of all important setup packages which can then be burned to disc or put on a USB stick. 

youtube.com/watch?v=j0U9_IT-NuM

Edited by mainer21, 12 July 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Worth a look on Filehippo, mainer21.

http://www.ghacks.net/2014/07/08/beware-filehippo-tests-adware-distributing-download-manager/

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/filehippo-starts-offering-downloads-via-installers

Tekken

#4 uByte

uByte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

Mainer21 I think that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the find.

Jayhz CNET does the same thing with there downloads. They at one time didn't like the adware on there site and now they try and bundle that stuff up with the installer. If you are cautious when installing you should be fine. I also found that clicking the direct download under the download now only downloads the installer and not the manager on CNET but I am sure it does the same on file hippo.

#5 mainer21

mainer21

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Here is a link from Ketarin's web site to download it. I personally downloaded it 5 minutes ago and the file is clean.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/50c83da34270e39382f9d611ca1fa36a45eb4de8c9efbbc76bba46b91edba9ea/analysis/1405263256/

The Ketarin web site is clean also. 

http://zulu.zscaler.com/submission/show/f44c5f683be1c2522bb2bb1dd7e71a37-1405263354

#6 uByte

uByte
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Just got around to trying out Ketarin and it works great! It took a little tinkering around with but I am very pleased with the program. I wish the guy would update the forum or provide a way that I can donate. 

#7 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

jhayz

Thanks for the heads up about Filehippo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users