Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot access bios in toshiba satelite l675

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 misscakes

misscakes

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

so i tried to install win xp noto a toshiba satelite l675 bcuz it wasnot booting up anymore and the win xp is on a cd and i have bootable material on my usb jumpdrive and the laptop will not even alow me access to the bios anymore...i had started to format the partition and had to stop it not even halfway thru and later when i tried to start format again, it wasnt moving very much at all...i want to access the bios so i can change the boot order to usb so i can go in with spotmau bootsuite usb that i made, or just try to use the win 8 usb jumpdrive that i have...someone plz help me...what should i do??  everytime i turn it on it only shows the black screen and then a lil blinking cursor and thats all..i can push all the buttons i want and if i dont have the cd in the drive it asks me to plz insert the removable bootable material and restart the laptop and boot from the right evice...grrrr.help me plz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

If you cannot access BIOS at boot by tapping F2 press the Esc key for three seconds when the computer asks you to "Please Insert Bootable Media". Then press F1 when prompted.

http://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?soid=627009

#3 misscakes

misscakes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

the keyboard doesnt work so i have been using a a usb one but now when i plug it in it dont work nomore 

#4 Cobalt006

Cobalt006

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

Sounds like hard drive failure.

Sorry meant to post this.  :smash:  I hit the wrong one. 

Yes from the sounds of your problem. It  is most likely your hard drive.

Edited by Cobalt006, 09 July 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#5 misscakes

misscakes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

i love the laughing faces...cute

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Try attaching the USB keyboard to another port. If it does not work, attach it to another computer. If it works on the other computer, then you would probably need to take the computer to a good independent shop.  If you need the data from the drive, attach it to another computer, either internally or by using a USB enclosure or USB adapter.

#7 Viking Ship

Viking Ship

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

If it was the hard drive you should still be able to get to the bios.

If the keyboard is bad I would physically disconnect it so you need to figure out how to take off the keyboard.

I fixed a laptop one time and the bad keyboard was preventing in from booting up.  

I have also seen a bad cd drive prevent booting.  It sounds like a hardware problem

to me and not the hard drive but who knows for sure.

Disconnect the loaptop keyboard and see what happens.

#8 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

Why do you want to run XP on that laptop? That laptop probably still has a factory restore image on it of Windows 7 home.

#9 misscakes

misscakes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

I dont want to run xp, it was what was handy considering the keyboard doesnt work and the cp will only boot from cd rom seeing as how i cannot access the bios.  the keyboard is dissconnected, and was when i got it to work on...i took the top piece off and removed the screws and took it out and tried to reconnect it to see if it worked, which it did not after i connected the cable...there looks to be a tear in the cable so im going to go with it is broke.  and the keyboard works in other computers when hooked by usb, and it will work only if i boot cp from a cd rom like xp, and ive tried win 8 and i can navigate with usb keyboard when in those screens, but not at boot up.  so i have no way of pushing the buttons to get to any win 7 recovery or bios or safe mode or boot menu...i found a program which i can get the boot menu but again, the usb keyboard will not lket me navigate in that menu i think it was called plop something...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users