Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'Missing images' & 'Flash plugin error' & NO ONE knows why!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DogPal

DogPal

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hi!

I have 2 downright baffling issues & I hope someone can help me. I'm not very technically savvy, so pardon me if I don't explain things right. Here goes:
I'm running Windows 8, I use Firefox 30.0, TrendMicro Titanium Maximum Security is my AV program, (it uses Windows Firewall Booster, NOT Windows Defender), & IncrediMail 2.0 is my email program. EVERYTHING mentioned is up-to-date, including Flash, Java, etc.

Problem 1-I've been watching several 'nest cams', as I follow wildlife development as a hobby. I always used the same sites for live-streaming media from the last week of March 2014 until May 09, when all of a sudden, (while I was watching!), Flash crashed & when I rebooted I got this error message: "Error loading plugin: Plugin file not found"...BUT I only get this error on 4 sites! I can watch streaming media, (including live streaming of the same wildlife cams), on other sites, but I get the plugin error on ONLY 4 sites! I immediately checked my plugins, Windows Update, etc. & everything's updated. I also checked my AV program; I did a complete shutdown & restart of my PC & I got the same result...I can watch streaming media; live cams; music, etc. on all sites...EXCEPT for 4 sites that I'd been watching for months. I ran CCleaner; Malwarebytes; full AV Scan; ran DiskChk; Disk Cleanup & shutdown & restarted my PC & the issue still exists.
I posted this problem on Adobe's Support Forum...they're baffled; I posted on Firefox's Forum...they know even less; IncrediMail...well, they don't know anything anymore, & even TrendMicro ran out of suggestions. Could this, somehow, be an issue with Windows Firewall? No one can understand why this ONLY AFFECTS 4 SITES, (neither can I!), & what's even more confusing is that I can watch the feed from the 4 sites on another site with no problem! Weird, huh? That's problem 1.

Problem 2-IncrediMail is my email program, but for some unknown reason images are blocked in 'SOME' emails & newsletters. Most messages have everything there that's supposed to be there, but 'SOME' images are replaced with a tiny black box with a white "X" in it sometimes followed by letters & numbers, (see attachment). Again, 99% of my emails & newsletters come through perfectly, with all their images visible. Then there's that 1% that has its images blocked. I have all the correct settings, including those in Windows; IncrediMail & TrendMicro...well I MUST, otherwise ALL images would be blocked in ALL my emails; but they're not! Is it possible that I'm missing something in Windows Firewall for allowing images?

I looked in the settings for Windows Firewall & I saw the "Media Center Extender" listings...they're ALL 'disabled'. What are 'extenders' & should they be enabled? What is their function?
Attached File  Blocked Image in IncrediMail.jpg   36.37KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Blocked Image in IncrediMail.jpg   36.37KB   0 downloads
As you can see, I've tried everything I knew to do & I did everything that Adobe, Firefox, TrendMicro, as well as my tech-minded friends suggested & BOTH problems still exist. Before I lose the few marbles I have left, does anyone else know what I can try to fix these 2 problems? If so, PLEASE tell me what & why so I can get back to normal!

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to read this entirely-too-long post, & hopefully, someone will know what I should do to fix this mess.

I've attached the thing I get for the "missing image" in IncrediMail. If you need any other info, just let me know.
Again, Thank You for your help!

Gratefully,
DogPal  :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

I am no expert on 3d party software, that is best left up to the providers. A few things you may try see if issues are replicated...

1. Disable Firewall Booster and reset the Windows Firewall to defaults. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775896(v=WS.10).aspx

2. Try a different browser. (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users