Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,293 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

I would like to setup an avatar for myself for this site, but don't have a clue where to start.  I am familiar with Photobucket and posting screenshots now so it can't be to much different.  I just don't know where to go to get an avatar and if it is not the right size will it be difficult to fix?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 slowlane

slowlane

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

Type free avatars into your web search engine. Surf the sites and pick one you like. Download the image to your desktop.

In pcpunk ➢ My settings ➢ Photo ➢ Change my photo
upload the avatar.

Bleeping will scale it to fit.

#3 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hi pcpunk! 

FYI since I know you use FastStone, you can also resize any image that you like that is on your computer with FastStone.

To resize or check the current size of an image in FastStone, open Fastone and click on the image.  Go to Edit/Resize.  A window will open where you can view the current size or enter new dimensions for upload. 

You can also find a new image online that you like, save the image your computer and then resize it as above.

Tip on searching images in Google: You can tell Google which size file to search under Google Advanced Search. Scroll down to image size and use the drop down to specify. 

When you go to upload an image for your profile here, you will also have the opportunity to do some adjusting and cropping in case the image is still too big. So you might even try experimenting right now with uploading a picture and try to upload something that is already on your computer, play around with the crop a bit and see if it will take the upload.

As slowlane stated above, the system won't allow it to upload if it is too big and it will rescale it. 

#4 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:27 PM

Stolen

Thanks for that information on Google Advanced Search!

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,293 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

Thanks guys!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's