Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SupraSavings must die!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grilled Fish

Grilled Fish

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

I have to give this malware credit for being so cunningly difficult to remove for how harmless it appears to be. I've looked through somewhere between 10 - 1,000 guides for how to remove it, and it still makes its presence almost impossible to miss. I'm using Windows 7, and I've already tried just about everything the guides have instructed me to do, which includes the manual uninstallation from my computer (Control Panel -> Uninstall a program) as well as resetting everything in each of my browsers--Firefox, Chrome and IE are all infected. I can't find the root of this malware, though, so I can't remove it. It's not listed under any of my programs, and it isn't an extension or a plugin listed under Chrome or Firefox. I've run Spybot Search & Destroy and Microsoft Security Essentials multiple times--once just now--to get rid of it, and neither one will detect it.

According to the many guides I've followed to remove this junk, SupraSavings is apparently some type of adware that installs itself onto your computer for the purpose of making money. It has been known to have rootkit capabilities, even though all it really wants you to do as far as we know is to get you to click on their ads. If you've never had this virus, it finds its way into your browser and generates pop ups almost every time you click to open a new page, and it even sneaks ads onto other sites in place of the regular site ads. It can also redirect you in the middle of a page to other ads, and I have seen it cause Chrome to close without warning. The guides make it look easy to get rid of, but aside from downloading the suggested software each guide recommends--and every guide recommends different Antivirus software--everything that they've told me to do has failed in getting rid of this.

Is there any way to get rid of malware like this without downloading any additional software? I no longer trust any download link, even the ones that are "guaranteed 100% safe," and there's no guaranteeing that any Antivirus software would be any more effective than the two I've tried were with this particular ailment, so I would like to know if there is anything else I can do to exterminate SupraSavings altogether from my computer and from my browsers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Good evening. :)

I can't guarantee to be any more successful than you, but it won't cost you anything for me to take a peek. Please go here, follow step six, and then post accordingly into this thread.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#3 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

As there has been no response for five days this thread is now closed.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users