Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIFI problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elianderson

Elianderson

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

So recently my computers internet stopped working, it is a desktop, windows 8, and I use a USB wifi dongle to connect to my wifi it says that it is connected to wifi but nothing internet related works. I've tried some of the things others have recommended, I tried pinging a website in command prompt (that worked) and of course I tried restarting my computer, unplugging the dongle and plugging it back in,  I've scanned for Malware, and I made sure that my wifi is working by trying to use it on different devices. and im not sure if it is related or not but around the same time I started getting avgui.exe errors when I start up my computer (and if you are wondering how I am posting this i'm using an old computer)

Edited by Elianderson, 07 July 2014 - 05:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Elianderson

Elianderson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

never mind, I fixed it sorry for the trouble. but if anyone else has problems try this: open command prompt as the administrator and enter these commands (press enter after each one)

ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -R

nbtstat -RR

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset

Type exit and hit enter.  Restart the PC and see if you can now connect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users