Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus/adware/etc Suspicion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 steelkobra03

steelkobra03

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

I'm very suspicious still about my computer. I've run all types of adware/malware software but it just still seem a bit slow for some odd reason. I'm very perceived about my computer and I know how it should run. I have a monster cpu setup & it could use a bit of upgrading but that's besides the point. I just want you guys to recommend what log software should I use to post a log so you guys can skim through it & check my system please. I would genuinely appreciate it... I've run rkill, adwarecleaner, malwarebytes-antimalware, & even Emsisoft anit-malware before I posted this topic... I'm also suspicious because sometimes even when I need to reboot or when I boot my computer it does that slowly... It doesn't reboot or boot responsively... Sometimes at the login screen, it takes forever to login & I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit Core I7 965 3.4ghz... 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

Hi steelkobra03 and welcome to BleepingComputer! :)

Please download and run Speccy from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/ .  Wait a bit for it to load your data.

After that go to File -> Publish snapshot...

Copy and paste the link it gives you into your next post.

Thank you.

If I don't reply back to you in 2 days, feel free to send me a PM.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#3 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

Sorry for the wait but here's the link now: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/UMptTGvvSbMMwnH4fN10IQr

#4 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,156 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Form your Speecy log, your CPU temperature is at 98 celcius. This is seriously hot, I think there's some problem with it. This can explain why your computer is slow.

Did you modified your CPU or something like that?

Please perform some Hardware check to prevent any other problems. Like CPU thermal paste, fans, dust, etc.

Thank you.

“You’re lying… just like you were lying to me before. You have to hate me. I’ve been the worst daughter in the world… you should hate me.”

“But I don’t, Nyx. Because, Nyx, I’m your mother, and a mother will always love her daughter, no matter what.” -Past sins by Pen stroke.

#5 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

yes but I only tried overclocking the ram just a bit and everything else is back to default.... 

#6 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,156 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

So you set things back to default but still at 98 celcius and slow? Or temp is normal but slow?

Thank you.

#7 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

Just the processor core but not the RAM.... I believe it's still where I left it at currently when I OC it...

#8 steelkobra03

steelkobra03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

There's a CPU FAN ERROR message that displays before windows boot... 

#9 Sirawit

Sirawit

Bleepin' Brony

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,156 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Oh, then its better to check all your fans in the case now to prevent damage to internal hardware.

Let me know the progress too. :)

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users