Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Favorite domain hosting site?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 _CherryBomb

_CherryBomb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

I want to buy a domain for my business and create 2 custom e-mail addresses at my personal domain. There are so many domain hosting services out there that I am overwhelmed!

So, what is everyone's favorite domain hosting site? Are there any that I should stay away from?

Thanks in advance!  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 neilbuddy

neilbuddy

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

Namecheap.com is pretty good.  I don't like GoDaddy because they try to shove additional services down my throat every time I renew a domain.

#3 Jbbiolay

Jbbiolay

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hello,

I use Namecheap.com, Gandi.net and Internetbs.net.
It depends on what you want.
Namecheap & Internet.bs and offer good management tools, very simple.
However, Gandi.net is really listening to its customers and you have a good communication with technical support.

#4 Snackers

Snackers

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:58 AM

I have used fatcow before and it is a decent service along with free domain name transfer and a list of other features listed on the site as well. It might suite your needs since they also allow unlimited mailboxes an have decent support for plugins and customer service.

#5 puar

puar

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:32 AM

i use domain.com for domain hosting and hawkhost for web hosting

Edited by puar, 22 September 2014 - 02:35 AM.

#6 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 6,684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

In the UK, bb-online

They were recommended to me many years ago by a website developer I know, as being the only website hosting company in the UK that had achieved some accreditation or other at that time.

I used them for several years, and they were always friendly and helpful when I phoned them.

Edited by Al1000, 04 October 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#7 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:23 AM

I use 1and1 for hosting about 50+ websites. Support sucks due to outsourcing, but generally I dont need it. They have cheap hosting services and with their basic hosting, you get most features that godaddy has, but you get 600 e-mail boxes with 2GB of storage each. You can even pay a yearly fee and get that boosted to 10GB of mailspace for all your inboxes. 

Gavin Seabrook

#8 Ivy74

Ivy74

• Members
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

I want to buy a domain for my business and create 2 custom e-mail addresses at my personal domain. There are so many domain hosting services out there that I am overwhelmed!

So, what is everyone's favorite domain hosting site? Are there any that I should stay away from?

Thanks in advance!  

Where you buy and host does "not" have to be the same place. I do 99% of my domain purchases at GoDaddy. I like how it works, organized, and even using DNS is a piece of cake (POC). 

Hosting, well we use HostGator but I am not a fan of their support but when everything is working then it works. However, when I had to get a SSL for a site they were hosting and bought it from them and have them implement that went without a hitch. So it's hit or miss with them.

Email: POP or Exchange? Me personally I like 2 of them and both I prefer Exchange (which costs a little more but I think is a better choice):

1. AppRiver

2. Groupspark

***Note***

My job has blocked Europe by the firewall which means I can't access this site from the office anymore. So I will barely be here if at all. In case you cared.  :smash:

#9 forum junkie

forum junkie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

Namecheap.com is pretty good.  I don't like GoDaddy because they try to shove additional services down my throat every time I renew a domain.

As someone who doesn't have millions of traffic views per month, Namecheap suits me perfectly. I'm also glad to not be a customer of GoDaddy anymore. 

I like how it comes with CPanel / Softaculous script installer (install many useful web scripts / content management systems onto your site with only a few clicks! No extensive knowledge needed either.) 

#10 EternalLife

EternalLife

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

InMotionHosting is the one I use, for $6/month you get unlimited disk space, and bandwidth, site is hosted on a ssd, 24/7/365 USA based support, 90 day money back, $270 in advertisting credit, easy to install 310 applications (including wordpress), cpanel,  you can have 6 parked domains.

* I'm not in any afflicated with InMotionHosting I just love their company. *

#11 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:14 PM

I have secureserver.net  and  domainspricedright.com 

The cpanel accelerated 2 is cool 

#12 AlmaBallard

AlmaBallard

• Banned Spammer
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:06 PM

One of my favorite hosting site is GODADDY web hosting  you can have both the domain name and the web hosting service. GoDaddy is one of the cheapest and reliable.

Here are the advantages of GoDaddy:

-cheap price for basic package
-auto-installation
-domain service
-good security
-99.9% uptime
-modern technology
-cpanel

#13 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned NearlyFreeSpeech  yet. While they aren't particularly user friendly to those who aren't accustomed to doing a lot of their own grunt work, in my experience everything runs quite smoothly. Their pricing scheme is wonderful - you do not pay ANY set monthly fees. You are charged only for the bandwidth that you actually use. For things like a basic forum, or a static web page, this translates into a huge saving. I am an Admin at a small (approximately 2,000 users) forum, and we use NFS. Almost four months ago, I deposited $40.00 US into our account. We still have $31.00 in the account.

That said, the support is completely forum based, unless you wish to pay for it. Personally, I've never had to - the forums contain a lot of good help information. While not for the faint of heart - meaning, not for those who are more used to having the host do most of the work - I still find them to be the most reasonably priced hosting service available. They also provide DNS, as well as the ability to search for, purchase and register domain names.

Snowden03.png

~   Notorious Thread Killer   ~
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

#14 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:46 PM

+1 to Namecheap. Have used them for over 2 years for multiple domains and have never run into any kind of problems. @MelissaPleases: Looks very interesting :)

#15 GaryCole

GaryCole

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:46 AM

I have been using Namecheap.com for a long time and I like it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users