Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recommended Graphics card?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikegd98

mikegd98

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Hey guys, I am looking to upgrade my graphics card, but I am kinda clueless when it come to graphics cards. If I type what I want to do with it and what my current specs are, could you suggest one for me? Thanks

Current Specs:

2nd Gen AMD Quad-Core A 10-5700 Accelerated processor

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7660D

2 Terabyte hard drive

Windows 7 home premium

What I would like to do with it:

Have two monitors, both DVI, or one DVI and one HDMI

The biggest thing I would like to do is being able to play skyrim on the ultra graphics, use a good bit a mods,such as RealVision ENB, without lag.

If I can only have one of these, then the skyrim graphics is top priority.

If I can not run two monitors and a ultra graphics skyrim, could I just unplug one monitor, and then run the ultra graphics?

Budget: $600-$1000

I would not like to upgrade my processor, but if I should then could you just suggest some, thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 07 July 2014 - 04:54 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to System Building/Upgrading - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:48 AM

Hi, welcome to the forum! Skyrim itself can be pretty CPU intensive although based from the current CPU, the upgrade choices are fairly limited hence a CPU upgrade will not be considered at the moment. We first have to to determine the current power supply model to check whether there is enough wattage for a graphics card and also the model of your case to see what graphics card can fit inside. If you're not sure about the model of the power supply or case, could you please take a clear photo of the whole PC itself with the side panel off and the label of the power supply which is usually located either on the top left corner or bottom left corner of the case. 

Nearly all modern day graphics card are capable of running more then two monitors simultaneously and it will not be necessary to unplug the second monitor in order to run Skyrim on ultra graphics. Please be aware that if a high end graphics card is used, there will be most likely a bottleneck which limits the graphics card full potential performance due to the CPU. Also what is the resolution you will be playing Skyrim at? 

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 mikegd98

mikegd98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

Sorry about that. I will be playing at 1920x1080, and the pictures are below, hopefully they will work, had some trouble with them. Also, If I would have to upgrade my power supply, I could do that as well.

Attached Files

Edited by mikegd98, 07 July 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

Unfortunately i am unable to view those photos but what you can do is upload it to a image site like Imgur and then post the links to each photo in your next post. 

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users