Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

the system must restart because

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

Dialog Box Title = "System Shutdown." Text: "This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Time before shutdown = 00:00:53." The Message window at the bottom states: "Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly."

followed by a schvhost.exe termination "the data could not be 'read'" followed by a "comodo Internet Security could not be initiated" followed by 6 other system errors prior to shutdown. all these errors happened moments after booting up computer

Windows XP pro

Edited by Alduin's Khajiit, 07 July 2014 - 08:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

Hi Alduin's Khajiit,

Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.
There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.

rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/
iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/

• Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • Do not reboot until instructed.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

After the tool has finished running, a text file named Rkill.txt should be located on the desktop. Please copy and paste the contents into your next reply.

xXToffeeXx~

Edited by xXToffeeXx, 07 July 2014 - 10:38 AM.

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#3 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

done.

Rkill 2.6.7 by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2014 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about Rkill can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Program started at: 07/07/2014 11:53:33 AM in x86 mode.
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3

Checking for Windows services to stop:

* No malware services found to stop.

Checking for processes to terminate:

* No malware processes found to kill.

Checking Registry for malware related settings:

* No issues found in the Registry.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

Performing miscellaneous checks:

* Windows Firewall Disabled

[HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile]
   "EnableFirewall" = dword:00000000

* Reparse Point/Junctions Found (Most likely legitimate)!

* C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a => C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_System.EnterpriseServices_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_4.0.0.0_x-ww_29b51492 [Dir]
     * C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.Workflow.Compiler\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35 => C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\MSIL_Microsoft.Workflow.Compiler_31bf3856ad364e35_4.0.0.0_x-ww_97359ba5 [Dir]

Checking Windows Service Integrity:

* No issues found.

Searching for Missing Digital Signatures:

* No issues found.

Checking HOSTS File:

* HOSTS file entries found:

127.0.0.1       localhost

Program finished at: 07/07/2014 11:55:59 AM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 2 minute(s), and 27 seconds(s)

#4 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

*bump*

#5 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hi Alduin's Khajiit,

Please have a little patience, I cannot be around all of the time.

• Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop
  • Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters

tds2.jpg
  • Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system
  • If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now

2012081514h0118.png
  • Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run

tds4-1.jpg
  • If threats are detected select Skip or Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.
    ***Do NOT select Delete!
  • Click Continue

tds6.jpg
  • Click Reboot computer
  • Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply

--------------

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mb3-setup-1878.1878-3.5.1.2522.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
    • Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    • A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
  • Click Finish.
  • On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
  • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
  • Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.
  • If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
  • A Threat Scan will begin.
  • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
  • In most cases, a restart will be required.
  • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
  • After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
  • Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
  • Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
  • Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
  • Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

#6 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

done but the website won't let me post the logs. it is saying they're too long :(

#7 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hi Alduin's Khajiit,

Please upload them here and copy the url to the file once it has uploaded into your next reply.

xXToffeeXx~

#8 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

http://www.filedropper.com/tdsskiller3003907072014133451log

http://www.filedropper.com/log_3

#9 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Hi Alduin's Khajiit,

The TDSSKiller log didn't turn out right. Was there any detection found when you ran the program?

xXToffeeXx~

#10 Alduin's Khajiit

Alduin's Khajiit
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

sorry for the late reply. been busy with work. no it didn't. Kaspersky found a few PUPs

#11 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• 6,086 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

Hi Alduin's Khajiit,

This scan can take a long time, so it is best done overnight or when you do not need the computer

I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

• Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • Click Advanced settings and select the following:
    • Scan potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.

--------------

Download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. Double click on EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop. Leave all settings as they are and click  Accept & Extract. A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\). .

• After extraction an Emsisoft Emergency Kit window will open. Under "Run Directly:" click Emergency Kit Scanner.
  • When asked to run an online update, click Yes.
  • When the update is finished, click the Back to Security Status link in the left corner. On the main screen click the Scan Now button.
  • Select the Full Scan option and click the SCAN button.
  • When the scan is finished click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.
  • Click the View Report button and in the Reports window double-click on the most recent log. Note, logs are named as follows: a2scan_<date>-<time>.txt.
  • Copy/paste the report contents in your next reply.

--------------

Does the "This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM." error message still occur?

--------------

To recap, in your next reply I would like to see the following. Make sure to copy & paste them unless I ask otherwise:

• ESET log
  • Emsisoft log

xXToffeeXx~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users