Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:40 AM
Hi Alduin's Khajiit,
This scan can take a long time, so it is best done overnight or when you do not need the computer
I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
- Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
Download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. Double click on EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe to extract its contents and create a shortcut on the desktop. Leave all settings as they are and click Accept & Extract. A folder named EEK will be created in the root of the drive (usually c:\). .
- After extraction an Emsisoft Emergency Kit window will open. Under "Run Directly:" click Emergency Kit Scanner.
- When asked to run an online update, click Yes.
- When the update is finished, click the Back to Security Status link in the left corner. On the main screen click the Scan Now button.
- Select the Full Scan option and click the SCAN button.
- When the scan is finished click the Quarantine selected objects button. Note, this option is only available if malicious objects were detected during the scan.
- Click the View Report button and in the Reports window double-click on the most recent log. Note, logs are named as follows: a2scan_<date>-<time>.txt.
- Copy/paste the report contents in your next reply.
Does the "This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM." error message still occur?
To recap, in your next reply I would like to see the following. Make sure to copy & paste them unless I ask otherwise:
~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~
~Currently in my last year of school, so replies might be more delayed~
ID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here
~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~