Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Connection Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm trying to install a Microsoft IntelliType Pro keyboard and IntelliPoint mouse. The mouse installed fine and works well, however I'm having trouble with the keyboard. The computer detects it and apparently install it OK. It gives me a code to type in on the keyboard and that works fine. However, when it's done, the keyboard won't work. After a few minutes the icon for it disappears from my Bluetooth Devices folder, leaving only the mouse one. Please can someone suggest how to get it working?

Thanks,

Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

The only thing that comes to mind is the batteries in the keyboard may be weak.

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Thanks, but I just tried changing the batteries and I'm having the same problem.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

Is bluetooth built into the computer you have or are you using a transceiver in a USB port? If it's built in a driver update may help. Also see this Microsoft KB.

Edit:

Another.

Edited by JohnC_21, 07 July 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#5 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

The transceiver uses a USB port. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, but that didn't help. I've just tried setting it up on another computer and had exactly the same problem. Thanks for the link, but I didn't find anything to help me.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

If the exact same thing happened on another computer, I would RMA the keyboard and mouse if possible and get another.

#7 Quevvy

Quevvy

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

Was the other computer you tried it on the same operating system? What operating systems is it compatible with? [It's probably compatible with Windows 7, though.]

#8 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

Both computers run Windows 7. I downloaded the latest drivers which are both compatible with Windows 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users