Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear CG814GCMR

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DJTommy1960

DJTommy1960

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

I have a netgear CG814GCMR cable modem roughter combo It is a docsis 2.0 BUT when I called Time Warner Cable to have them add this to my service they did a firmware update and when I check my account for the equipment I have it lists comsonics modem and says it is a docsis 3.0. My question is when I use a few certain programs if i try to run them at the same time It will Kick me out of the programs and I have to reboot computers to get them to work right again This happens even if I run the programs on different computers Example : Use program 1 on desktop that is hardwired & start program 2 on wireless laptop it will freeze both programs. Could this be because of ISP's firmware update they did thats lists my modem as something different and a docsis 3.0 when it is actualy 2.0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:35 AM

If that is the case then check your connection to make sure IPv6 is working, and enabled on both devices.  I would also call your ISP and ask them why.

Most big ISPs use docsis 3.0 now.  This is due to upload speeds, but you need to have IPv6 enabled on the router and also your devices using it.

A network issue should not freeze two computers and lock them up, but if that is the case run ipconfig /all from CMD and make sure your set up the right way.

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users