Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB malware issue.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Evanopi

Evanopi

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

Okay I'm typing this on my nook,.because I can't get my keyboard to download drivers in any USB port. It won't install my mouse drivers either but I can still make it work.

Okay so far I tried getting into safe mode with f8 key. It wouldn't let me. I could still use my function keys to get into my bios before I got to my desktop, but once i was there my keyboard wouldn't work again. I had to use my mouse to copy paste individual letters from a saved random word doc to navigate around. I got to msconfig and boited up in safe mode. From there I've only just used microsift security essentials to scan for malicious software.

Any help on removing this virus would be fantastic. I don't have any restore points set apparently but I thiught my computer was setting them automatically. Only the ones from today where I tried to updste windows 7 are there. Not sure if that is related.

Sorry for any typo's or poor train of thought, its really hard to type on this nook.

Edited by hamluis, 07 July 2014 - 08:39 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Evanopi

Evanopi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

I should also note I tried every usb port as well as multiple keyboards. I am also able to typpe and use my keyboard in safe mode. But not diagnostic or selective startup modes.

#3 Evanopi

Evanopi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

I guess I posted in the wrong place. But still looking for help on this!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,173 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

Please download the Avira AntiVir Rescue System .

Place a blank CD in your burner and double-click on the rescue system package (rescuecd.exe) to burn it to a CD/DVD which you can then use to boot your computer and run a scan. For detailed instructions, refer to the Tutorial for Avira Rescue CD. If you encounter problems running Avira AntiVir Rescue System, you can get further assistance at the Avira Tools Support Forum.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Evanopi

Evanopi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

Well I downloaded it and ran the scan rebooted and still no luck. Now my cd drive wouldn't open. And I had to reboot and shut down to make it worm again....
It tood me.to run windws normally and run it again to quarantine but I can't find the application on my desktop, nor the report I saved after I ran the cd from the boot menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users