Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Net 2.0 framework

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rp-57

rp-57

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

Hello,

Need to ask if anyone can help with net framework.20 question, I try to download and error message says have to turn off windows security before I can download,.

any reason why for this to happen.

I have a windows 7 64 bit.

Thankyou. :smash:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

Sounds as if you were at "bad site".  The download from M$ is:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16614

Best of luck!

#3 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

Ok Well if I was at a bad site then nasdaq from bleepingcomputer sent me the page to download from.

Thankyou :lmao:

#4 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

Sounds as if you were at "bad site".  The download from M$ is:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16614

Best of luck!

That download site you gave me just hangs I see a green line trying to download but just sits and won't do anything.

#5 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

1.  I never download software except from the author's site, or the site the author's site sends me to.

2.  I don't trust any links people give me, for software, if it isn't the author's site.

3.  Even then, I verify the links for myself, and the software.

4.  This is just a few of the procedures I use to keep my/our computers virus/malware free for 18.5-19.0 years.  TRUST NO ONE!  I have no problems people checking and verifying links I give!

If you're familiar with NCIS (the tv show), Gibbs stole rules I've lived by my whole adult life, before the show even came on.  A few of them are:

1.  Don't believe what you're told. Double check.
2.  Don't stop checking and rechecking... until you are satisfied.
3.  Never take anything for granted.
4.  If it can't be verified, or doesn't make sense, it didn't happen.

Have a great day! :bananas: :bounce:

#6 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

Remember the security on our computers is really tight, and I had no issues downloading it:

------------

1604ck7.png

Although I didn't have to click it, notice the "If your download...." message.

------------

t7gas9.png

------------

24q04fd.png

------------

qxw9pz.png

------------

Edited by scotty_ncc1701, 06 July 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#7 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Ok and your meaning by security issues is realy tight?

1.  I never download software except from the author's site, or the site the author's site sends me to.

2.  I don't trust any links people give me, for software, if it isn't the author's site.

4.  This is just a few of the procedures I use to keep my/our computers virus/malware free for 18.5-19.0 years.  TRUST NO ONE!  I have no problems people checking and verifying links I give!

If you're familiar with NCIS (the tv show), Gibbs stole rules I've lived by my whole adult life, before the show even came on.  A few of them are:

I try not to download  anything that I know is not safe but only what others give to me from bleepingcomputer.

#8 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

I don't get any of the download info like the images that you have on your post nothing on were or what i need to do with the file don't get any of that on my pc.

#9 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:11 PM

Ok and your meaning by security issues is realy tight?

I try not to download  anything that I know is not safe but only what others give to me from bleepingcomputer.

Could be the download is for windows XP and I have windows 7 that might be the problem why will not download for me.

#10 scotty_ncc1701

scotty_ncc1701

• Members
  • 520 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

Tight?  For example:

1.  Antivirus.
2.  Firewall.
3.  Multiple anti-malware programs.
4.  Over 1/2 of my Firefox add-ons are security related, including script blockers, blocking of sites (even in the firewall), etc.

Try here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6523

The problem downloading would have nothing to do with X86 .vs. X64.  Do you have a popup blocker active?  That might be the issue on not being able to download it.

Good night all, it's 0102 hours here! sleep-038.gif

#11 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

I do have multiple security programs running I use anti spyware blaster, MSE, super anti spyware and I run the internal firewall I make sure that is turned on. but even with that said nothing is 100% but we can make sure that we all do try to use security. Yes I do have a blasted ad blocker and I use WOT, web of trust, and I use a cookie blocker and I use history eraser, so you think I have to much I use? I might be over doing it a little. but I had thought the ad blocker etc might be causing the issue with blocking the downloads. But I will re-try to download again and turn the blockers OFF. and get back to you. Thankyou very much for your help.

#12 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:23 AM

Tight?  For example:

1.  Antivirus.
2.  Firewall.
3.  Multiple anti-malware programs.
4.  Over 1/2 of my Firefox add-ons are security related, including script blockers, blocking of sites (even in the firewall), etc.

Try here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6523

The problem downloading would have nothing to do with X86 .vs. X64.  Do you have a popup blocker active?  That might be the issue on not being able to download it.

Good night all, it's 0102 hours here! sleep-038.gif

#13 rp-57

rp-57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

Well at least I know one thing the ad blocker and other security I have ON my pc is turned off and the download was trying to take place until I got a alert message that the program was already on my PC Ha ha.
But that is funny to know, because I looked in control panel and I did not see it there but is there I suppose.

LOL.

But you mentioned you use a script blocker?
I did use a script blocker but had to take it off was messing up so badly but I guess I need to configure the blocker better maybe to use it.
Thankyou for helping me the experience has been fun!

Edited by rp-57, 07 July 2014 - 06:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users