Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP FIND WINDOWS ACCOUNT CODE TO CHANGE PASSWORD

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jimbotoo

jimbotoo

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

my girlfriends dell 8.0 comp has crashed from gamer roomate using it on real nasty sites, i cleared 103 trojans, bugs, virus's and a keyloger (not kidding) with malwarebytes and other programs

(godbless you all) that i found here

this is about 5th time i have had to all but dump the hard drive, to get it to work again.

I want to change her passcode, because roomamte is :crazy:

after looking forever i found the page in the her mechine that lets you do that with a interface with/to windows on net , they, using her on file e-address, sent a code that they want, I put code in but now it wants her ms account code, :scratchhead:

QUESTION 1....where do i find that MS account code to satisfy MS, is it in her computer some where?

QUESTION 2  she got a dell disc with comp, does that contain her ms programe 8, so i can just wipe mechine clean, we can't tell from the cover if its just dell junk or everything they put in and windows 8, and the mechine is still almost not usable, so i am afrade to try to play it

QUESTON 3...... I am seeing net pages that say she can upgrade to windows 8.1 For Free, is that for real from MS or junkware, cause this 8 program does not even have a start button, and is really

a lot of just distracting octupus options :smash:

thanks for your help folks, cause the google advice I got out there on net was less then usable, nor was it in stubid-ese which is my native languge

PS dell wants a lot of real money to answer these questions.

jimbotoo :hello:

Edited by jimbotoo, 06 July 2014 - 11:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

where do i find that MS account code to satisfy MS, is it in her computer some where?

It's normally sent as a text to whatever cell phone number associated with the account. 

Or a non-MS email address, if one was registered when creating the MS account. For example, mine can go to my AOL account if I want it to, say if the cellular service is down or I'm out of network range. 

It will be a 4 digit code. 

1. Get User password via Windows Password Hint

While you type a wrong password, the password hint will pop up below the password hint box. Based on password hint, you can think of origin password generally.

But the preconsideration is that you have set up password hint for user account password, when you are creating Windows system account and password. Besides, password hint had better can remind you and only you of forgotten password. The most important thing is that it couldn't like password, but has to be related to password.

windows-password-hint.png

As seen above, my password hint is email arran06@126.com, and my Windows 8 login password is the same as the password of email. So when the password hint pops up, I could think of Windows login password instantly.

2. Get into computer with PIN code, and reset password for locked account

PIN code is a quick, convenient way to sign in to this PC by using a 4-digit code. If you have ever created one, this may be the simplest and most effective method for Windows 8 password reset. Totally two steps are needed.

Step 1: Sign in Windows 8 with PIN code

When you forgot your local account password in the login page, sign-in options is provided for you to choose. Click the Sign-in options, there are two options, Password and PIN. Choose PIN, and type in 4-digit code in the box. Then you can sign in to your computer successfully.

sign-in-with-pin.png

Step 2: Press Windows +X, and click on Command Prompt (Admin) and Yes.

confirm-open-command-prompt.png

open-command-prompt.png

Step 3: On the Command Prompt, type in:Net User <user name> <new password> and press Enter to reset a new password for Windows 8.

reset-password-with-command-prompt.png

Command Prompt screen appears, input the words like the words in the red box, user name is iSunshare, new password is 12345, and then press Enter to complete the Windows password reset process.

Hope this of some assistance. :)

Unfortunately, I cannot go to recommending other tools, as first, these may not be allowed per BleepingComputer.com rules. 

And secondly, we have no 100% sure way of knowing whom this computer belongs to, which is why many forums forbids the posting of 3rd party password recovery tools. 

I hope that you understand the reasoning of this. 

QUESTON 3...... I am seeing net pages that say she can upgrade to windows 8.1 For Free, is that for real from MS or junkware, cause this 8 program does not even have a start button, and is really

a lot of just distracting octupus options  :smash:

It's legit, however you need to download all of the Windows 8.1 drivers first, save to Flash drive or external (or DVD), then upgrade & before running Windows Update, install the drivers, beginning with the chipset. It's best when downloading these drivers to create folders & name each to what the driver is for (e.g. Video), so there won't be confusion. 

Note that many Dell owners are having issues with Windows 8.1 upgrades, Usually over a minor detail, but nevertheless, it happens often. Be sure to create a Full drive image & have the recovery media (the set of 3 to 5 DVD's that's supposed to be created when new). Or a Recovery Drive, which requires a 16GB Flash drive. There is the option to copy the recovery partition onto it for fast recovery, much faster than the DVD's. 

Cat

Edited by cat1092, 07 July 2014 - 02:36 PM.

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#3 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

Dear CAT thanks so much!

This is a interesting thing to happen

the game virus sites wrecked ability for my friend to use all of her computer, on top of this many adverts saying your computer is infected from company's i had never seek'ed assistance from, I know whats on her computer, i got it all from here at bleep.

one infection has jammed her flash player, i am sure cause it offered to fix it, how did they know, went to the adobe site, they could not down load said computer was blocked JESH!!!!

anyway, i found a change password click on way back in her control panel, it sent a e-mail to her registered address, that had a code, when i entered the code on her computer, which was i believe as same time connected to MS, it then wanted a windows account code :scratchhead: then I figured out it just wanted her e-mail address again!, entered that, comp. then said enter new password twice-done :bowdown:

she has new password

I wanted to let my girlfriend start a account here from my comp. while her computer was down but was afraid to do so from my computer cause thought you guys would think it was me incognito :cowgirl:

thats not really me in the hat above.

As well, your reluctance to help with just this issue is very sad for those of us who just want to fix our property, HOWEVER I have full sympathy with bleeps philosophy, that it might help someone do a wrong against a innocent person.

I read about a guy who became a tow truck driver, he somehow could, from his truck make a key if you where locked out from a on board net linked key machine. I don't know how, but he let the mob some how get/study the technology, details escape me at this point, but hundreds of cars were stolen, after their alarms had been turned off first :nono:

thanks

jimbotoo :bubbles:

Edited by jimbotoo, 07 July 2014 - 09:20 PM.

#4 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

What type of security is being ran on your friend's computer? Hopefully not Windows Defender alone? 

You can sign up for promos on the Newegg site & grab a copy of Malwarebytes Pro. There's still LIfetime Licenses left, but supply is likely running lower by now. They're also carrying 3PC/1Year subscriptions, but no need for that when you can get the Lifetime versions for less than $20. Get one for yourself while there. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832562003

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832562002

Note that the only difference in the OEM version is the packaging, it won't be a boxed version. It'll be in a sleeve. 

But don't purchase from these, sign up for promotions & check your email daily. You may want to put it in your Wish LIst, they'll notify when on promo. If you run that with Avast Free, you'll have a great 1-2 punch against the bad guys. 

Too bad you missed out on the Emsisoft Anti Malware promo, which ended in late June, it's a yearly subscription, but the first year was less than $10. I've ran this on Windows 7 into my 3rd year & it's fantastic security. You can still take a 30 day Trial & see how you like it, they give a discount for every year you renew, for a total of up to 60% over time. 

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/

Cat

Edited by cat1092, 07 July 2014 - 09:03 PM.

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#5 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

What type of security is being ran on your friend's computer? Hopefully not Windows Defender alone? 

Cat

CAT you may want to review added edited above as to pass code.

CAT I ripped so much dell junk out of there it is sad to think of the money wasted by them.

and there is a program called "Outfoxed TV" that nags the screen from the right side. that is no where to be found in c files and i can not get it out, and my girl friend is raging about it, as she gets dizzy from it nagging her.

tho not your question let me add, there is a tool bar that comes out from the right too that you can never count on to come out, tho often does when you don't need it.

Brother i just don't know how anyone can concentrate on something, deep,adult and precise with this 8.0 program, its like a Farris wheel that is coming and going with out warning, to many pop into view screens, now i know why the world howled about 8.0

SECURITY

first i put in avast

spy-bot S&D on paranoid mode. no tea timer.

Then malware bytes.-(found 103 Trojans, pups and a key logger) from roommate

security essentials is on up date and let it notify me.

Ghostery so she always sees what the net really is about.

dumb-ed down jet clean

But it is still  way over built, wish i could just get a password page-then to start page, but start page won't auto home page for reason beyond my mind. somehow stuck in a yahoo search engine, which is a infested tool.

I have work to do

THE SHORT OF IT IS register with windows when you get a machine, they can make it easy to change password after you guess

your acct. # is really your e-mail address

keep the faith and remain in light

Edited by jimbotoo, 07 July 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#6 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

THE SHORT OF IT IS register with windows when you get a machine, they can make it easy to change password after you guess

Though I don't care for Windows 8 in the least, I have to admit, that is one of the better features of the OS. Many are still using IE (may have to for work), so if you reinstall & sign in, all of your IE bookmarks are there for you. Any apps that was added of purchased through the Windows Store will be there. Your favorite screensavers & the look of the monitor, such as borders & wallpapers, will be there. 

Again, I don't like Windows 8, but if I did, this would save some time after a reinstall or recovery from recent (or distant) backup. 

And the only thing one needs are their MS email credentials to sign right in. I can only take it that your friend doesn't bother using the Outlook.com account for email. Because I still remember passwords for email accounts that I log into once every 3-4 months just to keep them from being closed or locked down due to inactivity & have like 7 of these "dummy" accounts active. Like for when registering for a free piece of software, sometimes if it's going to be on more than one computer, another email address is needed. Which why I have so many. 

That's not counting both of my GMail & MS accounts (2 of each), that brings the total to 11, that I can think of off the top of my head. 

Your friend has like 7GB of 100% Free storage space with OpenDrive (formerly SkyDrive) & free Skype to Skype calling, these too can be accessed with a MS account. I don't have anything on there not backed up elsewhere, but do have a lot of basic things, that I can grab on access as needed. Such as photos, videos from my Motion Detection folder, the drivers for some of my computers, .exe installers for all paid & some free software, can grab these things a lot faster than digging through more than a dozen Flash drives looking for content. 

And to store them? Simply go to your Open Drive folder (on your friend's computer), create sub folders for different things & just drag & drop. If it's several hundred MB's (or a 4GB SDHC card nearly full of photos), no sweat, the first time, leave the computer on all night if needed, your router will do the work. Then every time the computer is started, any new items will sync, it's just the first time that takes the longest. 

And to share them across computers, no worries there either. OpenDrive syncs across computers also. 

All your friend has to do to remember that password is to use the email account, Skype, OpenDrive, any MS services that requires the email & password combo.  :thumbup2:

Two last things, a password reset disk can & should be created, but keep in mind, it's only good for that computer (for obvious reasons). 

And why are you running Avast & Security Essentials on the same OS? This is part of why you're getting infected. When it comes to AV software, two is not better than one, it's worse. Both are continually butting heads & the nasties are sliding right in. If you had MBAM Pro, as I showed above, it would catch these in real time. You need to choose either Avast or Security Essentials & drop the other. 

Cat

#7 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:16 PM

:thumbup2:

And why are you running Avast & Security Essentials on the same OS? This is part of why you're getting infected. When it comes to AV software, two is not better than one, it's worse. Both are continually butting heads & the nasties are sliding right in. If you had MBAM Pro, as I showed above, it would catch these in real time. You need to choose either Avast or Security Essentials & drop the other. 

Cat

Hold BRO!

i would not sneeze down Security Essentials throat if its heart were on fire, twice i got pounded by super bugs using Security Essentials.

I said i keep it up to date on GF's mechine, i will quick scan with it after a update then its in the red badge..

which she makes me always explain before desserts, as she has a daily memory lapse on all things computer, I being a male tho

can remember some stuff a whole week :hysterical:

I am glad you brought butting bug firewall heads up tho, I have often thought or wondered what runing 2 programs together might do.

she still has a ad poping up warning her flash player is broke and SHE can't get or watch her daily JOHN RITTOR lifetime channel movie fix, this will affect chocolate sales all over our end of the state, as she seeks a substitute.

I am going back to figure out this ad ware that says her mechine is broke, I called their number, said i did not want anything fixed

just their ad removed (DID I TELL THIS BEFORE?) nice lady said to delete from c drive but guess what???

IT WAS  was not in  :censored:  c drive. :radioactive:

When i go to adobe they say they can't down load (yes i did tell this before) :killcomp: my idea is to get adobe to see them pull this stuff, then let adobe :devil: show their dark side :luke:  and maybe go after them.

could these nice folks who disabled GF'S adobe and now want to fix for only 100 plus dollars be lurking as a add on

or something :scratchhead: .

Feeling the idiot not being able to mention these guys by name, i just called her to get their name, but she was in her slumbers

and said -   YOU WOKE ME CAUSE YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT!!!

CAT I will try to have these duckers name and phone number tomarrow night, i know a great truck stop in selinias texas to leave it at.

JIMBOTOO :hello:

#8 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

Install Secunia PSI, it keeps the apps up to date, though you have to check the option for this, to enable auto updating. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/secunia-psi/

One notable thing here, being a Windows 8 computer, you cannot install a newer Flash player for IE, it ships with your monthly updates. However if Firefox is installed, you then need the non-IE Adobe Flash player. 

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

If you don't have Firefox, you don't need this. If you have Google Chrome instead, then all you will need is included with the browser. 

So what other browsers you're running other than IE? 

And while I'm here, am going to advice that you run the Free Emsisoft Emergency Kit, it's my "go to" app for disinfecting computers. Never have I been left with an unbootable computer to date. You can download it to a folder on the computer, in Downloads or Documents & run it from there (this is a zipped app), a folder will be created for it upon opening. After unzipping, click the USB Stick Starter icon, which will initialize the scan, choose Emergency Kit Scanner when prompted, You'll be prompted up update the app, do so & afterwards choose "Deep Scan" Every file on the drive will be scanned & infections quarantined. 

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/

Pay close attention to what the scan process will look like on the right side of the page. In fact, the steps are in order as to how they should be ran, 1 through 5. 

Do Not use any of the other tools that's listed unless you have guidance, I haven't used the other options, just the Emsisoft Emergency Kit scan, the Deep Scan may take 2-3 hours to complete. A reboot may be needed to complete disinfection. 

d477d6.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Being that Linux Mint 17 x64 is my main OS, I don't worry about getting infected all the time.  :guitar:

Cat

Edited by cat1092, 09 July 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#9 jimbotoo

jimbotoo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 297 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

HI FOLKS

all this started with a roomate down loading game junk ware, I got new password, locked her out, cleaned and cleaned and yet

this one pop up still keeps appearing--"ANY PROTECT" that says it has detected many problems and to call 877-778-8922

I called and they said it was in the c-drive and with woman on phone we looked and it was not there.

and can't find it anywhere!

mean while adobe won't down load using/thru IE, I have no idea how to put firefox and start page in this 8.0 OS, xp is worlds easyier to learn, god i play i get a tools bar at top when i get fire fox and start page in.

google shows them as hated all over the net, some sites say there is much free ware games Etc. that carry ANY POTECT" as a manditory tick on other programs, or you don't get your game Etc.

this site below has a cure of many steps

http://www.fixyourbrowser.com/how-to/remove-anyprotect-unwanted-software/

which i will try as well as cats suggestions above.

But wanted to make you all awear of these duckers :devil:

wish me luck

and thanks to all here.

Edited by jimbotoo, 10 July 2014 - 12:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users