Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unusual problem please help!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 manickkoul

manickkoul

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

hey guys its my first day in these forums.. so i have encountered a strange problem and i dont know what is causing it.. all my right click dialouge boxes have bars of colors in them instead of text such as "refresh" etc .. it is also occuring in random places as well .. i have attached a few screen shots for you guys to look at .. please help moi..

i can olny attach the following screen shots

Attached Files

Edited by manickkoul, 06 July 2014 - 09:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

The only picture I could see was one for MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) which is an antivirus program from MS.  

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Never seen this one,i can see what you mean in the screen grabs,Did you install or change anything before the problem began?You could try restoring back before the problem with system restore.

Or try  going to your theme settings and set it to classic theme ok that,then set it back to your usual theme.See if that has any effect.

It wouldnt hurt to virus check just in case,if you havnt,run Malwarebytes in safemode,see if it finds anything.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/downloads/

Edited by Wolverine 7, 06 July 2014 - 09:29 AM.

#4 manickkoul

manickkoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

i had installed call of duty ghosts before this error..then the game crashed and this started happening and now i cant seee system restore texts 

Attached Files

#5 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

OK, now I can see 4 screen shots.  I recognize all but the one for some kind of styles questionnaire.  The one indicating a very definite problem is the System Restore one.  Have you made any changes to your fonts recently?  That might explain the blue bars that replaced some of the text.  

I'd download and install Malwarebytes, get it up to date and do a scan with it.  I'd also boot to Safe Mode and do a full system scan with your antivirus program, if you can.  I'd also uninstall that call of duty ghosts  to program using the Programs and Features applet of the Control Panel.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Restart the computer and boot into Safe Mode.  If this is a problem with a graphics driver it should not continue in Safe Mode as Windows uses a native driver, not the drivers used in normal operation.

To boot into Safe Mode start with the computer turned off, press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key and continue to do so until the Advanced Boot Options open.

You will need to use the up or down keys to navigate to Safe Mode, then press Enter to make your choice.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 manickkoul

manickkoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:39 AM

i think the problem was in cod-ghosts.. i uninstalled it and did a restart and seems to me the problem is fixed.. thanks everyone for the immense help :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users