Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible hijacked computer, scary log file found and changed settings.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 txj

txj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

I would love help as soon as possible as I am unsure of whether or not this problem is severe.

Symptoms: Noticed some very minor changes over time in the last few hours. Biggest change was that all hidden files were now hidden (before I had the setting to show hidden files). I can not enable "view hidden files", but can access them by typing it into the explorer bar.

After noticing a major lag when trying to open the Control Panel (did not open and took several attempts, explorer.exe kept on stalling and had to force restart), I looked through the files on my computer and went to C:\Users\[ME]\AppData\Local and found this text file: (scroll to the bottom for recent events):

BTServer.log http://pastebin.com/0wxHnYAH

After opening and viewing it, I became very cautious and disabled all drivers related to Bluetooth services and closed any related programs via Task Manager. (around 4:05pm)

I ran MBAM (Threat Scan) and still currently running BitDefender scan (Full system). MBAM found absolutely nothing, while BD is still scanning. I still do not have access to view hidden files. Control Panel is now able to open along with any other folder.

I'm not sure what caused this and I honestly do not know where to start. I wish I could be more detailed but this is all I've got at the moment, and if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

EDIT: WordPad.exe keeps on crashing about 5-10 seconds after opening it; just noticed this now when trying to open it.

EDIT2: BitDefender (Free Edition...) logs show that it found two things yesterday:

File Name  |  Infection  |  Action
C:\Users\TayyabJ\AppData\Local\Temp\dbOAcCbO.exe.part  |  Gen:Variant.Symmi.41047  |  Deleted
C:\Users\TayyabJ\AppData\Local\Temp\UmEyhmj0.exe.part   |  Gen:Variant.Symmi.41047  |  Deleted

Edited by txj, 05 July 2014 - 04:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 txj

txj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Sorry for the double post, posting a speccy log: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/oNTNwBK8qEbZ8M1hTRckgmp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users