Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with network, where to start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wulfrudigerhes

wulfrudigerhes

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hello. I was directed to make a post in this forum by one of your staff members on other forum at bc..

My problem is that I think someone is on my pc - until recently I had no idea or certainty but I now I think it's one specific person from our old gaming clan dating back to 2012. As short story this was a person who misused admin rights and we decided to strip him out of admin rights.

Who, apparently had very good knowledge of networks since then our server and website was hacked shortly afterwards with same familiar nickname.

But that was long time ago!

Ever since then when I am online I have noticed some wierdness

Some of the symptoms I have had:

-Keyboard switching automatically to mode "control pressed constantly". I tried several keyboards to fix it - the problem persisted for few weeks, until it just disappeared.. Meanwhile I was able to disable 

it using visual keyboard.

-Mouse "drag and drop" dropping the object automatically. Mouse sensitivity changing - connecting on/off

-Receiving messages from random people on Skype showing familiar nickname(talking about that certain player) as sender, but whose contact info I never had.

-Mozilla wierdness, showing this screen attached

-Security task manager showing high risks on following (+logitech software at ~82% which I removed) with screen

-Freezing on pc, and connection issues with network

-Certain trusted programs are freezing

-Using noscript extension on firefox sometimes tells me that "someone tries to click-hijack when I press a link"

-X-fire, the Program connecting on and off with random nicknames I dont know about (even when the program was off, I got a notification of "xxxxx has logged on"

-Having P2P software on constantly informs me about random "Malicious IP blocked"

Until the Skype thing, I was quite sure I have either some malware or it is some software error.

I just want to know, where to start to make my pc more secure, and check all the holes my computer might be vulnerable

I have windows 7 64 bit, am running mwbytes and microsoft security essentials with windows 7 default firewall, if that is of any help.

If someone here has time, might give a look and give his opinion on the matter, thanks anyways.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wulfrudigerhes

wulfrudigerhes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

I could not edit post, I am sorry for bump. 

Here is the info required

Make and model of computer
 intel i7-2600K 3.40 GHZ 4 cores

8 GT RAM

Samsung HD103SJ ATA device ~1 tb

Nvidia Geforce GTX 560

Logitech K120 keyboard

Logitech G500 mouse

Windows 7 64bit version
How the computer is connected (wireless or wired)
  - Wired
Make and model of Router

- HUAWEI Router B593u - 12
What type of internet you have (Dsl, Cable, T-1,etc..)

- Mobile Broadband?

Attached the toolbox result, I don't know how to change the language of the text in results though (?)

Attached Files

#3 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:04 AM

Hi,

From the start, have you ran in Safe Mode at all?  If so did these problems go away at all.  (I know some items might not work). 

Have you tried to create another user account, with less privileges and tried to replicate the issues?

Your passwords and log ons.  Not only in windows but for your router, Skype, etc.  Have those been updated and changed since your issues started?

Have you deleted all the hardware items and all drivers associated with say the Keyboard?  Then reinstalled?

Your router, have you checked for a firmware update, and if so how long has that been?

Could you look at your Results.txt and run a new one again.

thank you

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users