Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggestions for a network adapter.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Noobytoons

Noobytoons

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

Hey guys, here's my situation.

Right now, I have a Zonet ZEW2546 and I'm nearly fed up with it. It doesn't seem to have good compatibility with Windows 7 and constantly crashes, having to be reset with Windows Troubleshooting. I've tried a number of different drivers, each working even worse than the one I have right now. I've tried everything under the sun to keep it working as intended, but to no avail. I enjoy gaming in my free time, but with contiunal crashes, it's only led to frustration lately.

I'm looking for a cheaper network adapter that actually has nice compatibility and length of life. It can be USB or PCI, as I have plenty of slots available for either. It has to be wireless because I'm not allowed to install new lines due to my rental agreement.

I'm using Windows 7 Home edition, 64 Bit. I have a wireless Motorola modem and using a 802.11n connection.

I would just buy one without thinking too much about it, but that's what has led me to my current situation. lol

Anyways, any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys :thumbup2:

EDIT: Thanks for moving it Hamluis

Edited by Noobytoons, 04 July 2014 - 04:40 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

I've had good luck with the Tenda adapters.  They're inenpensive and work well.  Amazon has a bunch of them here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tenda%20network%20adapter

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Sitecom and Netgear adapters work well also, I'm using a Sitecom WL-608 at the moment. In my limited experience with the Netgear - I only have one - they are a bit fussy about the driver installation process but it works well when you get past that.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users