Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rebel at Heart

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Happy Independence Day to everyone at BleepingComputer. May we always retain the freedoms which our Founding Fathers and Patriots fought for and won.

BC is made up of so many wonderful, funny, and amazingly intelligent people I have the pleasure of getting to know from all across the globe. While Independence Day is a uniquely American celebration, I wanted to share a bit about who founded our country, how I relate and ask if you do, too? 

Who were the Patriots of 1776?

They were young.

They were inclined to seek innovation.

They were more interested in right and being right than in compromise.

Instead of thinking they would be morally wrong to rebel, they believed morality was on their side because of the wrongs atrocities and violations committed by others.

They were not established or well off or rich, and they were not so enmeshed in the system where they could not see through deceit, propaganda and scandals.

They were also known as Rebels.  

Me? I am a Rebel at Heart. I push when it says Pull

rebel_at_heart.png

My blue nails! Actually, they are red, white and blue…blue with tiny red and white butterflies. selfie taken Wed 7/2/14

If you get a pic on this 4th of July...waving a flag, watchin things go BOOM...grilling…or holding a beer…? anything will do! and the hand is just fine...we raise it in salute and we raise it to pledge...I would love to see it! :D

Happy 4th to all from your’s truly,

~the Rebel at Heart

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Great post Stolen it helped me stop and think. Thank You.

It's not mine because I'm working today. It has a minor PG edit made. But my offering....

image003.jpg I just couldn't resist. :)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,606 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

Who were the Patriots of 1776?

They were young.
They were inclined to seek innovation.
They were more interested in right and being right than in compromise.
Instead of thinking they would be morally wrong to rebel, they believed morality was on their side because of the wrongs atrocities and violations committed by others.
They were not established or well off or rich, and they were not so enmeshed in the system where they could not see through deceit, propaganda and scandals.

Actually many of them were wealthy. And you could add to the list the fact that many of our Founding Fathers were rampant land speculators, and were upset over the Royal Proclamation of 1763 which forbade the colonists from lands to the west of the Appalachian Mountains.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users