Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus preventing antivirus download!! Help please!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 ginger12

ginger12

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

I can't download anything at all ! I tried using a antivirus Cd but that's not working either. I also tried going in safe mode but no luck! How can I get rid of this nasty virus?

Mod edit ,moved to the Am I Infected forum.
~~boopme

Edited by boopme, 04 July 2014 - 12:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

Hello, you have tried safe mode with networking?

Try getting these from another machine. Put them on a Flash Drive and run from there.

Download FixExec.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the downloaded file to run the fix.
When the program has finished, it will generate a log on the desktop called FixExec.txt.
Post the log in your next reply.

NOTE: If for any reason you're not able to execute FixExec.exe rename it to FixExec.com, FixExec.pif or FixExec.scr.

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
    • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
    • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
    • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
    • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
    • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
    • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and Malwarebytes Chameleon

----------
  • Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and save it to your desktop
  • Double click the desktop icon, click Run, then OK
  • Click Next
  • Select I accept the agreement then continue to click Next then finally click Install
  • Uncheck Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you do not want the free trial of the paid version, then click Finish
  • If you are notified the Database is out of date click Update Now
  • Click Scan Now >>
----------
  • Note: If Malwarebytes will not launch please do the following to launch Malwarebytes Chameleon:
  • Click Start (Start, Search, All files and folders for Windows XP) then type mbam
  • Double click one of the four following files (if one does not work try the next one, and so on) - A black command window will open. Follow those instructions until the Malwarebytes program starts the scan

mbam-chameleon.scr
mbam-chameleon
mbam-chameleon.exe
mbam-chameleon.com

----------
  • When completed click the down arrow on Export Log and select Text file (*.txt)
  • Save the file to your desktop as MBAM
  • Click Apply Actions then restart your computer if requested
  • Copy and past the contents of MBAM.txt in your reply

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ginger12

ginger12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

I tried safemode with networking but it didn't work either

FixExec by Lawrence Abrams (Grinler)
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
Copyright 2008-2014 BleepingComputer.com
More Information about FixExec can be found at this link:
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows/utilities/fixexec

Program started at: 07/05/2014 10:44:36 AM in x86 mode.
Windows Version: Windows Vista

Checking for processes to terminate before fixing executable associations.
 * No processes found to kill.

Resetting .EXE, .COM, & .BAT associations in the Windows Registry.

* HKLM\Software\Classes\exefile\shell\open\command\\IsolatedCommand was changed. It was reset to "%1" %*!

* HKLM\Software\Classes\exefile\shell\runas\command\\IsolatedCommand was changed. It was reset to "%1" %*!

* HKLM\Software\Classes\.com\\@ has been changed to ComFile!
  * HKLM\Software\Classes\.com\\@ was reset to comfile!

Program finished at: 07/05/2014 10:44:45 AM
Execution time: 0 hours(s), 0 minute(s), and 9 seconds(s)

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

Can you run Malwarebytes from the Flash Drive?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 ginger12

ginger12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:26 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Malware Protection, Starting,
Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:26 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Malware Protection, Started,
Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:26 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Starting,
Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:28 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Started,
Update, 7/7/2014 10:54:33 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Scheduler, Malware Database, 2014.7.6.6, 2014.7.7.4,
Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:43 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Refresh, Starting,
Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:43 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Stopping,
Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:43 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Stopped,
Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:47 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Refresh, Success,
Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:47 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Starting,
Protection, 7/7/2014 10:54:48 AM, SYSTEM, DREE-PC, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, Started,

(end)

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Not good.. We need a deeper look at this machine..
Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.

If you cannot run the tools, then just make the new topic in Step 8 and state you cannot run the tools.

#7 ginger12

ginger12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

I just posted that I can't run it.  I also noticed that if I use google chrome i can copy and paste without a problem and no lagging but internet explorer won't let me copy and paste. Also it keeps making my detected location as another state. 

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

Hello ginger12,

I merged your two topics in the log forum into one which  you can find here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540304/i-cant-run-the-toolsvirus-preventing-antivirus-download/

Now that you have posted a log, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possibleI advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.  Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users