Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sony webcam driver

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Manshead

Manshead

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

I just upgraded my Sony VGN-CR21Z laptop to Win7 laptop Now my webcam doesn't work. I have goggled everywhere including Sony for the drivers but to no avail. Hope some one can help.

Handle every situation like a real man.
If you cant eat it or drink it.
Walk Away, it Aint worth the hassle.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Found this if it may help you...

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32582/c/65%2C66/kw/32582

#3 Manshead

Manshead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:30 PM

Problem solved. I found this after hours of searching

The original Camera driver works OK with Windows 7 but you will find that Windows 7 tries to install a generic USB camera driver and this will not work.

Download the Original Drivers Package from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-AR41L

Extract the files and look in the Camera Driver folder.  Run DPInst32.exe to install the driver.

Download the Original Utilities Package from the same place and extract the files.  Install the Camera Utility and the Camera Capture Utility .

This was for a  Sony VGN-CR21Z probable work for other Sony laptops. Also when you go to the link you have to search for you machine.

Edited by Manshead, 04 July 2014 - 06:12 PM.

Handle every situation like a real man.
If you cant eat it or drink it.
Walk Away, it Aint worth the hassle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users