Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Proxy Server detected by Hitman Pro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#16 FalafelCopter

FalafelCopter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

Here's another Hitman log.

Spoiler

So that was definitely a rootkit we just cleared out, yeah?   Is it true what they say that this computer will never be truly secure again until I reformat it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

With all the tool we used I feel confident that your are 99% secured.

Just keep an eye on the performance of your computer.

If all is well.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide Best security practices Keep safe.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/
===

#18 FalafelCopter

FalafelCopter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Okay, thank you very much.   I'll swing by here if a problem comes up again.  :D

#19 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 39,531 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users