Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Open/Save slow, random cmd and other issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EffectiveBones484

EffectiveBones484

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:15 PM

Wow, this is my 4th time in this sub-forum.

A couple weeks back, I started having problems with my Save As not responding. This is the original topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539643/save-as-not-responding/

Now it has branched into several other things. I will start by saying I possibly had some other infections on this computer before. A couple days ago, I tried to visit a reputable website and I got the message from Firefox saying the Adobe Flash plugin has stopped working. I did a few steps (can't remember what, but I didn't download anything) and it seemed to solve the problem. Just a few minutes ago it came back. I tried to update Flash player, but when I uploaded it to VirusTotal (Just in case), the Open box was not responding. Also, a while back, a Command Prompt window started appearing when I logged on. It would flash open for a split-second and then disappear.

My problems are: Slow Save As and Open, and Command Prompt window opening up when I log on.

I did not download anything recently without checking VirusTotal, except it said Speccy had some adware.

EDIT: It seems it's mostly a Firefox issue, I haven't tried other browsers, but I have been browsing Bleeping Computer for about a half hour now, I got one error saying something about Adobe Shockwave has stopped working, and Firefox has deselected itself twice.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention I had another problem a few weeks back having to do with slow internet, at the bottom left screen, I saw things like "connecting to ajax.googleapis.com" but that seems to be solved after we got some kind of network adapter. I am also using Windows 8.1.

EDIT 3: When I just tried to sign out, I saw a message saying "This app is preventing you from signing out". It was the default application icon and it had no name or description.

Edited by EffectiveBones484, 03 July 2014 - 11:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users