Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound randomly stops working; restart temporarily fixes it.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Knever

Knever

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

After about an hour or so of being on, my computer will stop playing audio. It seems to happen randomly, and only comes back on when I restart, but it will go out again afterwards.

I have my PC connected to a monitor via HDMI, and a digital audio cable from the PC to a stereo. Neither output will play sounds from the PC, but both they can still play from other sources with no problem. I tried checking the drivers in the control panel and nothing seems to be wrong there.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1.

Any assistance on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Knever, :welcome: to the Bleeping Computer Community. :)

Please post back if you are still having the same issues and then post the computer model, device attached (monitor, speaker brand) next time also. In addition to the information,

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users