Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to change background color of Folders in Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 karagarga

karagarga

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

I realize this is probly not the right forum to use but I need some advice. Is it possible to change the folders normal white background from white to say an off blue color. The reason is white just seems to hurt my eyes too much. Someone told me in order to do this I may need to refresh my skills at C++ and then it would also void any warrentees I have but since I built my own system it does not apply to me. On the other hand it may Not be possible at all ? Ed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

I don't think it would void any warranties. It's like saying you cannot change your background image because that's changing something.

I think it may be possible to do what you want although it may be somewhere in the registry. I have no idea where and I can only suggest that you Google it.

I must add, if you do decide to go ahead and modify your registry please ensure you back it up before hand.

Thanks,

Darktune

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,039 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hi,

You could try this program, you'd just need to download a picture of the colour you wanted for the background and if you wanted all folders then you'd need to select your root drive (most likely C:) and select the Apply To Sub Folders option.

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#4 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 451 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Here is a link to the Windows7 Help Forums containing lots of good info related to your subject.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/35024-change-folder-background-color-free.html

#5 karagarga

karagarga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

Unfortunatly "xXToffeeXx" it does not work on my system. That would have solved my problem though.

#6 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,039 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Unfortunatly "xXToffeeXx" it does not work on my system. That would have solved my problem though.

What error are you getting out of interest? Have you tried running it as administrator?

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

#7 karagarga

karagarga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

It brings up a window and appears to work but when I refresh the window it disappears and tried to install it in different folders ,reboot but still does not work. It is exactly what I wanted though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users