Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LCD of Laptop is dark, while pluged in

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mj2000

mj2000

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

Hi all.
I am using Dell Inspiron 1520 on Windows 7 SP1.

I have a sudden problem :

The LCD is real dark, but when i disconnect the ac adaptor, it is ok. Also : there is no problem while using the battery. But while plugged in, the brightness is low.

I appreciate your help !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

hi,

Looks like your contrast with plugged in got hit.  Usually by hitting a function key.

To change it follow the instructions provided by Microsoft.  You can find the link here.

Go to the second option "How Can I Choose a Different Power Plan"

Click on it and follow the directions

Also check here for info on contrast and different options,

Hope this Helps

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 mj2000

mj2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:29 AM

Thanks for the reply, but none of those solve the problem.

i m using the correct settings of power management, have also restored them to deafault settings, created new power plans, but none of them worked.

Corrently the brightness indicator shows the highest level of it in power management, but the LCD is still dark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users