Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Font I Can't Read

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eluzion

Eluzion

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:10 PM

I downloaded fonts so I could use them in Adobe Photoshop, and I think something happened with the font and it made major programs use it. Like MSN messenger, and when I install a program, it's this font that's really fancy, and I can't read it at all because it's so small..it's annoying, I can't install programs..can anybody help me track this problem down and fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:46 PM

I'm not sure which operating system you're using, but it shouldn't make any difference. If you have Themes installed, go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel, double-click on Desktop Themes. Scroll to the bottom of the choices, find the default Windows theme. Uncheck all the choices except for "Font Names and Styles" and "Font and Window Sizes." Click Apply. See if that did the job. It should put the fonts and sizes back to the original Windows default.

#3 Eluzion

Eluzion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

I don't have any themes on..and i'm on ME.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:03 PM

Darn, that would have been the easy way. Do you have an ME disk? You can install themes if you do. Just go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, click on Windows Setup, and click on Desktop Themes and they'll install. What I'm worried about here is that you can change the font for a single element at a time in Display Properties, but I'm trying to figure out what it was that you downloaded that could change them all at once. That can be done in Themes, but it's pretty hard to do otherwise.

You can try doing some changing in Display Properties by right-clicking on your desktop, then choose the Appearance tab. Then click on what you want to change, such as a window and use the drop-down box to pick a font, something like Lucinda sans that's simple and clear. See if it's more legible, and if you like it, click apply. (If you jot down what it originally was, you can set it back if you don't like it.)

#5 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:18 AM

This screenshot may or may not help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users