Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

websites are not loading although internet is connected


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rajeesh xl

rajeesh xl

  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

I used to access internet in my window 7 pc through Samsung mobile phone modem. For the last one week, although the modem successfully connects to the pc and shows 'internet access' message, web pages are not loading. One or two times the browser managed to open some websites like www.keralapsc.gov.in and gmail, but after on hour or so, the problem reappears.

I tried reinstalling the drivers and clearing DNS cache and used IE, Mozilla and chrome.

 

What to do?
Sorry, if I posted in the wrong section.


Edited by rajeesh xl, 03 July 2014 - 12:51 AM.


BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 DarkKnight1970

DarkKnight1970

  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

I am having a similar issue with my daughter's Dell Inspiron 3521 Windows 8 laptop. The network connection appears to be working as I can ping any address just fine, but no site will resolve in either IE or Chrome browsers. I found that my DNS server settings were different compared to other computers at home, so I set to auto-set and now they match, but I still have the same issue with sites not resolving in browsers. I have cleared caches, flushed the DNS, released and renewed the IP. I am not sure where to go from here. I guess next step will be starting in safe mode, but maybe someone here will have a different or better approach. 

 

Finally tried doing a restore to a point 10 days back. It is working again. Not sure, but I believe something may have changed some settings in the registry.


Edited by DarkKnight1970, 08 July 2014 - 12:41 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users