Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ipad graphics problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 malchico

malchico

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

Our Ipad 2 went to wierd red color someone gave the advice that you should turn it over and whack it. we turned it over and whacked it and it turned wierd blue color. Then I unplugged it from charger, turned it over on the carpet and whaced it hard twicel. Now when you turn it on it briefly comes on and then turns back off.  Can it be reset with or without losing whats on it now? I s it worth fixing?

Thanks

m

Edited by hamluis, 03 July 2014 - 07:17 AM.
Moved from Mac OS to IOS - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

Whack it? That sounds like terrible advice. That could damage the

This is the first time I have ever heard of such issue. If it the actual LED display glass screen is damaged physically there's nothing you can do software wise to fix it. You can try to replace it but there is no guarantee that only the one part is broken.

May I ask what happened to it? The way you describe it makes it seem like it was dunked in water or something equally bad. If it's turning off by itself, it may be a possibility that the internal circuits or components are damaged, not only the display.

Unofficial iOS Genius

#3 malchico

malchico
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

It went from normal to totally wrong colors and bad colors.. Now I have to drop it face down on carpet to get it on and it goes back off

in a min. or two. Can it be opened with a scalpel or small screwdriver without killing it? Maybe a connector is loose in there. It is useless now. Has a lot of itunes and photos and school on it.

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

It went from normal to totally wrong colors and bad colors.. Now I have to drop it face down on carpet to get it on and it goes back off
in a min. or two. Can it be opened with a scalpel or small screwdriver without killing it? Maybe a connector is loose in there. It is useless now. Has a lot of itunes and photos and school on it.

Yes, they can generally be pried open without killing it…if you are careful. Here are some repair guides for the various models of the iPad 2:

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/iPad_2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users