Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help! I'm having strange issues with computer and can't figure out why

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ann21

ann21

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:03 PM

I have windows 7 and tonight my monitor when completely black on me but my computer did not shut off. After a while, the startup repair appeared and I attempted to run that but it was taking forever so I turned my computer off and restarted in safe mode. From there, I was able to do a system restore and was able to log on in normal mode but my monitor is all brown and almost colorless and my typing is delayed and I'm wondering what the heck to do at this point?

Any suggestions on what could be causing this and what I should do? I can't afford a new computer right now so I'm getting worried. It's about 4 years old and should still have a little life left in it . . . .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czarboom

czarboom

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

Hi,

Let me see what I can do for you.  What type of computer do you have?  (make, model, desktop or laptop, any other details you can provide?)

This will let me and others give you better info on what could be wrong with it. 

Also, if you are using a desktop, what type of monitor are you using?  (e.g. LCD, Flat Screen, Old school CRT "the old glass screens that are heavy" etc)

Also, does your computer look and run fine in Safe Mode?  Or is the color, and keyboard and other issues still present

thank you,

cz

CZARBOOM 

"Never Stop Asking Questions, Question Your Environment, Question Your Government, above all Question Yourself.  We all lose when you Stop asking Why?

#3 ann21

ann21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

I have an HP Pavillion that is about four years old. The monitor is an AOC LCD and when it' in safe mode, things look a little distorted and display larger. My computer was rebooted over night because I didn't have it in safe mode when I turned in and this morning it's in safe mode. They keyboard seems to be working fine. Thank you in advance for your help!

#4 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hello ann21,

It sounds like either your graphics card or display is dying/dead.

If you have another display to connect to, please try this and let us know the results.

===================================

Also, what is the exact model of you HP Pavillion?

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users