Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphical glitches driving me crazy!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pew446

Pew446

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:35 PM

Hi guys. I hope someone will be able to help me out here. (This is also my first post, so hi everyone! :] )

I have been having some graphical glitches recently, and I don't know why. I haven't updated any graphics drivers, it just seemed to happen randomly and hasn't gone away. Here are a few pictures of what is happening:

Using Eclipse, after alt tabbing in-and-out of the program. Moving the mouse around the items reveals more of what is behind the black "box." Lowering and then maximizing the window fixes the glitch for a while.

20e1df87c3.png

This is using the command prompt after typing a few things. Often times I can even let it sit there and it will move the blinking cursor to somewhere else on the screen (See it at the bottom?). Once again, lowering and maximizing the program fixes it.

11144abd61.png

Those are the two programs it happens the most in. I'm sorry I can't get more pictures. It generally seems that when I want a problem to happen so I can take a picture, it won't happen. Bah.

It has happened in programs like Spotify and Word. Never in any games like Minecraft or BF4 or Watch Dogs. I assume probably because the screen is constantly refreshing.

Here is a CPU-Z report of my computer. (Graphics card is way at the bottom)

Please help if you can.

Thanks!! :)

Edited by Pew446, 02 July 2014 - 09:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:22 AM

I would install the latest driver suite, and then run the suite. Command it to work in the native resolution of the monitor (this will work best if the monitor's driver suite is also installed).

The above should help... but be advised that the irritating "black boxes" usually happen because you need more video and/or regular RAM.

Edited by ElfBane, 03 July 2014 - 08:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users