Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need DVD firmware update software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 august22

august22

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

I have an ACER aspire 5733z-4851 laptop.  I am running win 7 ever since it was purchased two years ago.

My DVD Drive is a HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT32N.  4GB of ram and 500gb HDD.

I bought and used DVD 9 Cloner for a year and no problems then i upgraded to DVD Cloner 2014.

Thats when the trouble started. IT wont burn DL DVDs now. DVD cloner said i need a DVD drive

firmware update. I have looked high and low and cant find one. The one site that may have it was

recommended by DVD CLONER is blocked by my anti malware software...EMSISOFT.  Can someone

tell me a site i could get upgrade firmware ?

Thank You

Dan

The site DVD cloner recommended is www.cdrinfo.com/sections/firmware

Edited by august22, 02 July 2014 - 04:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wpgwpg

wpgwpg

• Members
  • 1,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Have you tried asking Acer?  That would seem to be the best place to start.  You could also try a different app for burning discs, I use Nero and Roxio.  Another alternative would be to invest $25 or so in an external CD/DVD drive.

Good luck.

Everyone with a computer should back his system up to an external hard drive regularly.  :thumbsup:

#3 august22

august22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

Yes i tried acer. They listed all but the DVD firmware.

#4 august22

august22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

I just invested another $33 on DVD Cloner 2014. The standard programs like NERO and ROXIO dont work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users