Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Locked out of my computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pikaki

pikaki

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

I bought a new computer (Windows8) a while ago - basically I just set up my account using my email address and created a password.  I put off using it, as it seemed so foreign to my XP.

I tried to sign on today, but could not remember my password.  I deleted my email account a few months ago because someone compromised our credit information and email.  I was going to input the old email account just to see if it would bring up my account, but I was worried they would send a new password to that address - which I'm not sure if anyone is still trying to use, even though I deleted it.

Without an email address, I can't access any type of online help.  Or even find a way to contact someone either by phone or email?  Any suggestions would be so much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 alonadel

alonadel

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

Reactivate your old account, get your pc online and it should sync to your account and let you in with your newly created password. 

If you need to reset it after you get your account back up and running go to:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

Just be sure to use the exact same old email account name you had before. 

once your done, change your login to a local one only if your not going to use a Microsoft account, , ,

You can see how to do this on youtube 

Edited by alonadel, 02 July 2014 - 04:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users