Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pause Button not working in IHeart

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

For this station I can not Pause the live feed?  More problems that need Terminal codes?

http://www.iheart.com/live/943-FM-WZZR-725/?autoplay=true

Edited by pcpunk, 02 July 2014 - 01:02 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kaosu

Kaosu

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:50 PM

Does the pause button work with other stations?

If the pause button isn't working for any station then the flash version GNU/Linux uses may not be entirely compatible with the new updates iHeart has made. My recommendation would be to test this theory by using Google's Chrome browser, which uses an updated version of flash automatically. If the issue continues even after using Google Chrome, then we can take a closer look at the problem.

Step 1) Visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-US/chrome/browser/?platform=linux

Step 2) Click the "Download Chrome" button

Step 3) Select "64 bit .deb (For Debian/Ubuntu)". This version will work with Mint.

Mint should allow you to just double-click on the downloaded file and automatically install Google Chrome for you

If the pause button works normally on every other station then we need more information to be able to diagnose the problem.

Edited by Kaosu, 02 July 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,604 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

The only other stations I have used is youtube, I can test others if needed.

I am already using Google Chrome and Sync'ed is a beautiful thing for newbs like me.

Never had an issue in XP, not that that matters.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 Kaosu

Kaosu

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:11 PM

I meant other radio stations on iHeart.

Can you use Pandora without any issues? Can you use YouTube without any issues?

If other websites are functioning correctly then this must be a problem specific to iHeartRadio, and I would contact them about it: http://help.iheart.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Edited by Kaosu, 02 July 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,993 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't use Google Chrome but I do know that it allows a script blocker similar but not as robust as NoScript.

I have noticed on Crackle that I needed to allow a certain script to run in order for the pause button to work.

I am using Firefox and NoScript. So, if you are using the script blocker in Chrome then that might be the problem.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,604 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

I don't use Google Chrome but I do know that it allows a script blocker similar but not as robust as NoScript.

I have noticed on Crackle that I needed to allow a certain script to run in order for the pause button to work.

I am using Firefox and NoScript. So, if you are using the script blocker in Chrome then that might be the problem.

This would help if you told me what "the script blocker" is?  What does it fall under and is there a specific name for it?  Thanks, Chris

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,993 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

If you don't know what it is then I doubt you have it installed. It would be listed in the add-ons/ extensions. You would of

installed it in Chrome.

Chrome Web Store - ScriptBlock

When looking for the link above I see there is now another similar program.

Chrome Web Store - ScriptSafe

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,604 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

No it is not installed.  I am in LMCQ right now and the IHeart buttons work.  I am trying it out on an USB and might go to this one if LMMQ keeps giving me problems.  Also, I could not get into IHeart at all with LucidPuppy, even after downloading all the AdobeflashPlayers they suggested.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#9 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,604 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

If other websites are functioning correctly then this must be a problem specific to iHeartRadio, and I would contact them about it: http://help.iheart.com/customer/portal/emails/new

"The only other stations I have used is youtube, I can test others if needed." 

I would not even know where to go to listen to Pandora but I suspect that it is not something to do with a service but the LInux

distro that I am using.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,993 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

I just tried iHeart for the first time. Do you need to sign in/ open an account? I didn't open an account.

Couldn't get a random station to play that they listed. Went online to the station and though it had a button to

click on for iHeart I chose instead to just select 'play live now'. It played loud and clear.

I'm on Ubuntu 10.04....only get the server updates....no flash updates for a year or two. Firefox 20 browser.

#11 Kaosu

Kaosu

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:59 PM

"The only other stations I have used is youtube, I can test others if needed." 

I would not even know where to go to listen to Pandora but I suspect that it is not something to do with a service but the LInux

distro that I am using.

I agree with you, if iHeartRadio is working fine on another installation then it is probably something with your current configuration causing the issue. The only reason I suggested trying out another streaming service was just to verify that your flash plugin was working correctly. You never said if other flash-based content is functioning correctly on your current installation, so I still can't rule flash out as being problematic.

When you are using iHeartRadio on "LMCQ" are you still using Google Chrome or are you using FireFox? If the service works perfectly fine when using FireFox, then the problem might be with Google Chrome's pepperflash plugin. However, if you're still using Google Chrome on both installations then a simple reinstallation of the browser might solve your problem.

I downloaded Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" - MATE (64-bit) and tested this service out using Adobe's flash plugin and FireFox. The service worked flawlessly for me.

Try to be really specific when describing your issue. Better yet, post a screenshot of the service working fine when using "LMCQ" and then post another screenshot of the service not working correctly using your currently installed version of Mint. The screenshots would allow us to identify if you're using different browsers. Also, if you're using Google Chrome on both installations, compare the versions. For all we know, you may be using an outdated version of Chrome on one and a newer version on the other. You can also compare plugin versions between both installations by viewing chrome://plugins in the url bar.

You should also consider reading http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539766/community-standards-properly-giving-receiving-gnulinux-support/ before posting another support thread. Specifically, read the "Be Verbose" section of that thread to get a better understanding of what information you should be including when asking for help. If you give a brief overview of an issue, but don't include any specific information, it forces the person helping you to do a lot of blind guessing.

Edited by Kaosu, 03 July 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#12 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,604 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

My issues are lying with google chrome while using LMMQ mounted to HDD and works fine with youtube.  This is also a issue in LucidPuppy.  I will have to check if IHeart works with Firefox I forgot to check that, good idea! 

While using LMCQ on LiveUSB IHeart woks fine but IS using Firefox as that is the only browser you can use from LIveUSB.

Both versions of chrome are up to date.

Although I have posted unclear info. I think you are right about a re-installation.  When I first installed this version I got knocked off of the internet while doing so.  Those Library wireless issues I was having ya know.  I will re-install and see what happens after checking firefox.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#13 Kaosu

Kaosu

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

My issues are lying with google chrome while using LMMQ mounted to HDD and works fine with youtube.  This is also a issue in LucidPuppy.  I will have to check if IHeart works with Firefox I forgot to check that, good idea! 

While using LMCQ on LiveUSB IHeart woks fine but IS using Firefox as that is the only browser you can use from LIveUSB.

Both versions of chrome are up to date.

Although I have posted unclear info. I think you are right about a re-installation.  When I first installed this version I got knocked off of the internet while doing so.  Those Library wireless issues I was having ya know.  I will re-install and see what happens after checking firefox.

Sounds like a plan. Please come back and let me know if anything improves or if you need more help.

#14 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,604 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Kaosu, Firefox works with IHeartRadio.  Perhaps I should uninstall google chrome and re-install.  Maybe I choose the wrong browser edition, is that possible.  I can choose stuff that is compatible with Ubuntu right.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#15 Kaosu

Kaosu

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:27 PM

Thanks Kaosu, Firefox works with IHeartRadio.  Perhaps I should uninstall google chrome and re-install.  Maybe I choose the wrong browser edition, is that possible.  I can choose stuff that is compatible with Ubuntu right.

You should be able to uninstall Google Chrome using the software manager in Mint. After you remove it, follow these instructions to make sure you are getting the latest and correct version.

Step 1) Visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-US/chrome/browser/?platform=linux

Step 2) Click the "Download Chrome" button

Step 3) Select "64 bit .deb (For Debian/Ubuntu)". This version will work with Mint.

Mint should allow you to just double-click on the downloaded file and automatically install Google Chrome for you.

While it is very easy to accidently download software for the wrong architecture (32-bit, 64-bit), it would be difficult for a new user to successfully install a package that was not directly supported by their package management system. For example, if you tried to install an RPM on a Debian-based system, it will usually just result in an error message. In addition to this, 32-bit packages are usually compatible with 64-bit systems, they will just require you to be running what is known as a multi-arch configuration; which is just a fancy way of saying it will automatically download and install all required 32-bit libraries needed to actually run the 32-bit programs. However, 64-bit software is not compatible with 32-bit versions of Windows or Linux. Some *BSD families do support a compatibility mode to address this problem, like Mac OS X

Edited by Kaosu, 03 July 2014 - 06:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users